Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Fanling/Sheung Shui GP

Closed Thread

Fanling/Sheung Shui GP

Hello. Any suggestions for GPs in the Fanling/Sheung Shui area please?
    Thanks

i go to dr liu wai ling (1st choice, but they are closed sometimes), san hong st, shueng shui street (understands english, speaks only a few words though).

I go also dr antony lau, primary health care, Shop 2C, G/F, Block D, Fanling Centre, FANLING

if not ( my wifes goes to) try dr jacky cheng chung tat, 129c, gf, fanling centre, fanling

pizza likes this.

Many thanks, really appreciated.
    Wow, I was hoping that at least doctors were pretty much guaranteed to speak decent English, in a country where it's listed among the official languages. This is actually a crucial requisite because the last thing I want to do when I'm sick is to play charades. Ordering the wrong food is fun enough, thanks; getting operated on the wrong leg I'd like to avoid.

Maybe because not many English speakers in Fanling/Sheung Shui?

Go towards Tai Po and Sha Tin, You'll find more there.

Yeah possibly. That said, today I called the practice of Dr. Lo Kwok Cheung (Regentville), and after a couple of calls answered by giggling girls saying "Wei?" and other non-English words that I cannot repeat, I finally got through to a male that was speaking very good English. I'm hoping it's the doctor.
    Anyway, apparently in HK you don't need to register with a GP, so I reckon we can jump around a bit if necessary.

More North doctors here
    http://www.hcv.gov.hk/files/list/mp/hcv_mp_no_en.pdf

Thanks!

Yeh I realized you can just head to a local pharmacy, ones on the streets and get medication even for most prescriptive drugs! pretty handy but trying to find a decent one that speaks good English so no need to head to GP everytime! Think theres a new one opened up somewhere in Sheung Shui, Australian registered, saw some Auzzie products... maybe will pop in next time....