Like Tree5Likes

How much do Dentists charge for "check-ups" and "cleaning teeth"?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I think my dentist in Tuen Mun charges 100 for "a visit" (which I think equates to a checkup); never done cleaning there, but fillings are a few hundred. He's much cheaper than the one in Admiralty I used previously, speaks perfect English (although his receptionist does not!).

aadi8030 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lijianhua:

looking at all those prices makes me miss the dentist back home in the UK, since it was all free lol
    think it was paid by the NHS or something haha
    One minor point you are overlooking now is the chronic shortage of NHS dentists, it is almost impossible for a new patient to get on one's list.

looking at all those prices makes me miss the dentist back home in the UK, since it was all free lol
    Thought it is only free if you are under 18 or an OAP?

Quote Originally Posted by cathy789:
    I go to one in tai Po who is really good. He charges about $400 for teeth cleaning inc check up. Pm if u want his number.
    what's the address of the one in TP?
    thanks

thanks for all the info guys appreciate it

Truth be told, the NHS completely ruined my teeth!!!!

A crown that was ill fitting, fillings that fell out, not so thorough checkups...list goes on.

Cost me well over 24K dhs by a good Swedish dentist in Dubai and 6 moths to fix all teeth . And yes, I kept my teeth clean,regular check ups every 6 mths,just careless dentist.

Now I have a pretty thorough dentist who doesn't charge me the earth. He's in central.
    Last edited by Natfixit; 09-03-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

I found a place in Tai Po that charges quite cheap for cleaning teeth $250HKD;
    the address is:

Shop 215C, 2/F, Plover Cove Garden, Tai Po, NT

I have a appointment tomorrow, will report on how it goes

Char Siu King likes this.

Ok; wrong business card above, sorry:
    The dentist I went to today is actually the one in front of the one mentioned above lol:
    Address is:
    SHOP 233A, 2/F, PLOVER COVE GARDEN, TAI PO, NT
    Tel: 26562823
    Consultation hours: Mon-Sat 9:30am-8:30pm
    Sun & P.H.: 9:30am-6:00pm
    They also have one in North Point; address is:
    SHOP A2, G/F, WELLBORNE COMMERCIAL BLDG, 8 JAVA ROAD, NORTH POINT, HK
    (near City Garden Hotel, Fortress Hill, EXIT B)
    Tel: 23323312
    Consultation hours: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:30pm
    Sun & P.H.: 10:00am-6:00pm

Email: [email protected]
    Onto the appointment itself;
    the cleaning cost $280HKD which is quite cheap, and the service was really quite good.
    The secretary at the office spoke really good English, and so did the girl who helped me book the appointment on Friday night for Sat morning.
    Name of the dentist was DR.STEPHANIE L.YUN (B.D.S. HKU) - she welcomed me in and spoke good English; not so many questions, just asked me if I was there just for cleaning.
    The cleaning of my teeth took just over 10 mins; starting from the top then the bottom. She cleaned both the front surface and behind them - this was the first time ever in my life I believe that I ever got my teeth cleaned.
    How can I rate the service? I would give 8/10
    2 points lost for cutting my gum with that drill my gum was bleeding a little.

Result of my teeth:
    I waled in this morning with semi-yellowish teeth (I guess from the sugar-stuff I eat perhaps; I'm a non-smoker) and some plague on the bottom row - when she finished, they gave me a mirror, and I was kinda shocked how clean my teeth was. It was quite white, and all stains removed. DR recommended that I go for a clean once a year.

When I drank a cold iced drink a few hours later, I could feel the nerves on my teeth reacting to the drink - I guess the drill from that "cleaning" procedure chips away little bits and pieces of the enamel of the tooth - hence why she said once a year?

Anyway; great service, highly recommended! A++

orel100x likes this.

I used the Dr at south horizons Marina sq recently. He charged me 350 for cleaning.
    Sent from my GT-I9305 using GeoClicks mobile app

Ok; wrong business card above, sorry:
    The dentist I went to today is actually the one in front of the one mentioned above lol:
    Address is:
    SHOP 233A, 2/F, PLOVER COVE GARDEN, TAI PO, NT
    Tel: 26562823
    Consultation hours: Mon-Sat 9:30am-8:30pm
    Sun & P.H.: 9:30am-6:00pm
    They also have one in North Point; address is:
    SHOP A2, G/F, WELLBORNE COMMERCIAL BLDG, 8 JAVA ROAD, NORTH POINT, HK
    (near City Garden Hotel, Fortress Hill, EXIT B)
    Tel: 23323312
    Consultation hours: Mon-Sat: 10:00am-8:30pm
    Sun & P.H.: 10:00am-6:00pm

Email: [email protected]
    Onto the appointment itself;
    the cleaning cost $280HKD which is quite cheap, and the service was really quite good.
    The secretary at the office spoke really good English, and so did the girl who helped me book the appointment on Friday night for Sat morning.
    Name of the dentist was DR.STEPHANIE L.YUN (B.D.S. HKU) - she welcomed me in and spoke good English; not so many questions, just asked me if I was there just for cleaning.
    The cleaning of my teeth took just over 10 mins; starting from the top then the bottom. She cleaned both the front surface and behind them - this was the first time ever in my life I believe that I ever got my teeth cleaned.
    How can I rate the service? I would give 8/10
    2 points lost for cutting my gum with that drill my gum was bleeding a little.

Result of my teeth:
    I waled in this morning with semi-yellowish teeth (I guess from the sugar-stuff I eat perhaps; I'm a non-smoker) and some plague on the bottom row - when she finished, they gave me a mirror, and I was kinda shocked how clean my teeth was. It was quite white, and all stains removed. DR recommended that I go for a clean once a year.

When I drank a cold iced drink a few hours later, I could feel the nerves on my teeth reacting to the drink - I guess the drill from that "cleaning" procedure chips away little bits and pieces of the enamel of the tooth - hence why she said once a year?

Anyway; great service, highly recommended! A++

hello! may i ask if the price included check up too? thanks!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by bolaycha:
    hello! may i ask if the price included check up too? thanks!
    These prices are 3 1/2 years old and may be out of date. Perhaps give the suggested dentists a call.