Hair Loss!

Closed Thread

Hair Loss!

Ok, so I've searched for this and read lots of forums related to hair loss, but all seem to be written by females who are pregnant or have given birth. I am neither, however, since moving to HK in 2010 I have suffered from hair loss. My hair is falling out in chunks, especially when I'm in the shower. My hair has got a lot thinner and the condition of it is terrible, constantly notty!

Anyone suffer from the same problem an found a solution for it. I am now beginning to panic!

Please help!

I had the same issue however it wasn't coming out in lots of strands as opposed to chunks.

What Shampoo are you using? I had to end up getting shampoo shipped over from uk or use head and shoulders scalp shampoo bought here.

Clairol herbal essences for example make my hair worse.

Try Fabao101.. The shampoo is $50 and seems to work for several people I know with similar issues.

I had the same problem....infact i got chemical burns from using Asian hair products (Pantene manufactured in China) - I now order all hair products from the US from lookfantastic.com

You may want to try hair transplant- Dr. Bertram(not sure about the spelling...)

I'm a guy and I developed a couple of bald patches on my head about 6 months ago so would have been in HK about a year. They weren't patches where if i was going naturally bald I would have expected them to appear - i.e.; through male pattern baldness - and they seemed to appear 'overnight'. I went to the Drs but he didn't do anything and said it might be to do with swimming. I bought a swimming cap, stopped washing my hair as much (maybe 1-2 times a week) and when I did, washed it just once, massaged very gently and patted my hair dry. I combed my hair gently with a wide toothed comb and stopped applying hair styling products. I also used Body Shop conditioner and I use Head & Shoulders menthol shampoo. My hair seems to have now completely regrown. Whether or not changing my 'hair regime' helped or not I don't know. As you can tell, I was just very careful with my hair which I wasn't before - e.g.; no swim cap, no conditioner, rigourously towel drying and slapping in lots of styling products. I don't think it was swimming but stress related.

About 5 years ago I noticed a few bald patches so I bought a good pair of clippers.....every few weeks I cut it to No. 1.......problem solved.