Like Tree15Likes

Kefir Grains and Kombucha Scoby

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13

Hi I would like to have some water kefir grains if you still have extra

Where are you located? If near Tsuen Wan or Tuen Mun, I got plenty!

Flygon likes this.

Hi, I would like to have some water kefir grains. Anyone can share with me please. Thanks !

Matchstick man,
    Can i have some of ur kiffer grains f u have still to give away?
    Tnx
    Lighthauz

Sniffer,
    Hi,
    Can I have some of ur kiffer grains. I can come to Tsuen Wan to meet u.
    Tnx.
    Lighthauz

I was recently given some milk kefir grains and I really like it! So far it seems to be working well despite my learning curve, but I had a few questions specific to Hong Kong. Hope someone can offer me some insight:

1. I prefer to UHT milk and don't really want to get fresh milk here because I'm concerned about the ethical standards of our local dairies, but on the other hand I don't want milk that's been flown in refrigerated. So far, with a high fat UHT milk, it seems to be working even though online advice says not to use it. Any advice or thoughts? Perhaps milk kefir isn't for me if I'm concerned about the above?

2. It ferments very quickly in our warm climate. I guess I should stick it in the fridge after 8-12 hours until I use it in the morning and start a new batch again?

3. I can't find an answer to this question online: why do you have to strain it? I feel like I have a lot of grains and it "curdles" quite easily. Can't I just scrap off some of the top and put it in the next batch? (Thus consuming a bit of the grains every day, but there seems to be a lot!)

4. How essential is it to use a plastic strainer? I prefer to avoid buying new plastics if possible and would rather get a stainless steel one.

Yuzy, Please share some of your water kefir grains with me. Thanks a lot!

Milk kefir grains

Hi . Would appreciate if any one has any milk kefir grains to share /buy . Thanks in advance

Try joining and asking on the Facebook group "Ferment Hong Kong". Or can maybe help?

I have a healthy culture, but I live far away.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13