Dental filling cost

Dental filling cost

Hey guys,
    I just arrived in HK two weeks ago, and prior to leaving Canada I had chipped my front tooth. Before I left I had it filled, buy within a few days of being here, the filling fell out.

I spoke to my friend who is a dentist in Canada, and he said a filling will probably never hold, and I should look into a crown or a veneer.

I was wondering where the best & cheapest (I know they often don't go hand in hand) place to get a crown/veneer done, and if anyone knew an approximate cost in HKD?

Thanks!

Charlie

You're not going to get the best and cheapest at the same place.

Not too sure about chipped teeth, but all I can say is that you can expect a price difference between a central based expat dentist to a say, new territories based overseas trained by local dentist.

excel, I too am from Canada. Before I left I had 1 crown and 3 veneers done. I had fillings on all of them but like you said they never held and would always have to get them redone.

I dont have any experince with dentist here but I would suggest going to someone you trust 100%. Theres nothing worse than screwing up your teeth.

While watching the world cup in July 2006 I had chipped my front tooth (don't ask how) anyways - I went to American Dental Group in the Prince's Building in Central. I paid just about HK800 (without x-rays) properly expensive by others but I figured I was also willing to pay a cost for 'peace of mind.' All the dentists in are American trained (Tufts University and Boston University - being from Boston this also add to my 'peace of mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Alby
    While watching the world cup in July 2006 I had chipped my front tooth (don't ask how) anyways - I went to American Dental Group in the Prince's Building in Central. I paid just about HK800 (without x-rays) properly expensive by others but I figured I was also willing to pay a cost for 'peace of mind.' All the dentists in are American trained (Tufts University and Boston University - being from Boston this also add to my 'peace of mind.'
    Did they put a filling on your front tooth? If so, do you have any problems with discoloring since the repair job?

Quote Originally Posted by ZhenYa
    Did they put a filling on your front tooth? If so, do you have any problems with discoloring since the repair job?
    By filling do you mean bonding? If so that is what they used and no discoloring.