Chiropractor or Massage Therapist

Closed Thread

Chiropractor or Massage Therapist

Can anyone recommend a chriopractor or soft tissue manipulation therapist? For someone who has put their back, out of whack...

I'm looking for something more remedial than just a thai or pressure point massage.

Any help much appreciated....

Quote Originally Posted by mortal_kinetics:
    For someone who has put their back, out of whack...

I'm looking for something more remedial than just a thai or pressure point massage.
    A friend used a small traditional China-trained chiro practice for her recurring leg and foot pain, but maybe it would be too "local" and far out for you.

It's a tiny, not-at-all fancy place in Tai Po - midway Kwong Fuk Rd, nearest traffic lights. And it's always busy with HKers.

Apparently, great for 50min massaging and application of heat-inducing Chinese tonic & herbs on 2 spots (in her case: one knee and foot) cost her about $300. When she went back to get just her foot massaged +wrapped with herbs again, just$160.

Word of warning though...
    Heard her yelp a bit and watched her grimace when she first got the pressure pt massage (a braver soul than moi!). But with another couple of visits her injuries were a lot better afters.

Good luck with your search.

I've had good experiences with Byrne and Hickman (who are very sports-injury orientated). Also good experience with Thomas Fan (chiropractor at Gaia http://www.gaiatherapy.com.hk/main/news.htm). And very mediocre experiences with one of the female therapists at Gaia (can't remember her name though).

Thanks jgl, I have been put onto Byrne and Hickman through someone else as well. I'm going to go with that.

sera- Thanks for your suggestions. When i'm feeling less vunerable i'm always up for braver experiences...