Like Tree4Likes

Any one know of a good decently low cost GP for first time thyroid check up in central?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Any one know of a good decently low cost GP for first time thyroid check up in central?

Hello ,

My wife thinks she has something wrong With her thyroid. She took a test with the symptoms online and has every one.
    So does any one know of a decently priced doctor she can go to and take a blood test and explain the results and what she can take to help her?

If any one has any one they know of to see that would be awesome.

Last edited by mouzakis87; 22-11-2012 at 12:42 PM.

I deeply recommend Dr. Eugene Kwan in Duddell Street/Central! Good luck!

Thank you so much for letting me know I'll make a apt right away.

Quality Healthcare you can google one of their Many locations.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

I have a question about recommendations. I can understand recommendation of an individual if one has had a positive experience with the consult but what about recommendation of a company? Does it mean:
    1. Yes, I know they do the procedure, I found them on the Internet
    2. I have been there before, they were ok / good but cannot remember the individual's name
    3. I know they run a good company and will only hire all good quality staff so you can see anyone
    4. I have shares in the company and this is a good form of advertisement.

I have seen many recommendations of companies on this forum and don't know what to make of it (some are obviously advertisements).

Quote Originally Posted by papaya:
    I deeply recommend Dr. Eugene Kwan in Duddell Street/Central! Good luck!
    OP was asking for a low cost doctor.

Eugene Kwan, along with his boss Sarah Borwein are some of the most expensive GP's in HK with a consult around $900, and medicines and treatments marked up correspondingly.

OP would be better off going to a local doctor who charges $200-$300 a consult.

I use Dr. Tony Tse, Hang Lung Centre, Causeway Bay,3428-3098

Alternatively go to the outpatients dept. in the Sanatorium Hospital in Happy Valley where a weekday consult is around $250.

http://www.hksh.com/en/services/index.html
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Or out patient dept at central hospital... Should be cheaper than sanitorium. It's about 100m from FCC.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Blue88:
    Or out patient dept at central hospital...
    Is it still open? Back in June, they said it would close within 3 months....

Oh really...haven't been for a while so not sure. Why close it?

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using GeoClicks Mobile

I'm not sure if that question was directed at me - but the reason I suggested Quality Healthcare is that this is who my husband and I use. It's inexpensive but is a proper operation, with a panel of doctors, you don't need an appointment - you can just rock up and wait - and so far all the docs I have seen have been fine. They also (in the Admiralty branch at least) have an onsite surgeon for minor surgery (like removing boils or stitching etc) and have their own pharmacy so you don't have to go looking for one. Reasonable cost, professional and convenient. I believe their charge for an consultation is (or was last time I used it) HKD270.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast