Like Tree2Likes

Hong Kong jet-lag

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong jet-lag

Hello! If I am in transit, meaning a few hours in Hong Kong airport and have a few sleeping pills with me, just to help me on a long journey, is that a problem? The pills will be accompanied by a prescription and a letter from the doctor and will have my name on the box. Thank you very much!

Not a problem

No problem, have a beer or glass of wine with them, they work even better

d-28 likes this.

Thank you very much, Jimbo and Closedcasket!

Instead of sleeping pills ,how about using melatonin, don't feel like crap after taking them

Thank you Rural_runner! I've heard different opinions about melatonin, one of them being that it gives you strange dreams, so I thought of using sleeping pills. I have a really long journey, I did it before and I could sleep only half an hour out of 24 hours, because of the plane, otherwise sleeping while traveling by train, for example, is my favourite.

Melatonin is a naturally produced substance. much better than sleeping pills which leave you feeling like a zombie.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Melatonin is a naturally produced substance. much better than sleeping pills which leave you feeling like a zombie.

Edit. but how long do u have here? A better way to combat jetjag is sunlight. get out and spend a few hour in hk!

From my experience, for long haul flights to and from Hong Kong, jet lag is the worse if you coming from North America, since you have to cross the date line and you have to lose or gain at least a day. Europe is a little bit better, since usually the time difference is less than 10 hours with Hong Kong. So it's a bit quicker for your body to cope. Australia is usually the most easy to handle for jet lag on long haul flights, since you are flying mostly north-south as opposed to east-west, so you get only a few hours of time difference at most and it's lot quicker for your body to adjust compare to Canada or US destinations (which can take up to a week).

Last edited by Watercooler; 24-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    From my experience, for long haul flights to and from Hong Kong, jet lag is the worse if you coming from North America, since you have to cross the date line and you have to lose or gain at least a day. Europe is a little bit better, since usually the time difference is less than 10 hours with Hong Kong. So it's a bit quicker for your body to cope. Australia is usually the most easy to handle for jet lag on long haul flights, since you are flying mostly north-south as opposed to east-west, so you get only a few hours of time difference at most and it's lot quicker for your body to adjust compare to Canada or US destinations (which can take up to a week).

common sense would dictate that the larger the difference in 'time', the worse the jet lag would be. NYC is likely the worse, at 12 hours behind HK (13 during DLS).

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast