Like Tree1Likes

how good is diamond water quality?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Klan8546

There aren't any 'problems' here.
    There weren't any problems with Chinese milk or baby forumla either until someone decided it would be a wonderful idea to put melamine into it.

In my view, the chances of there being an issue with the mains water supply in HK are very low, but the impact very high, so I take reasonable precautions. I still use tap water for brushing my teeth, showering, washing clothes etc as I'm sure even if someone did decide to poison our water supply a little exposure wouldn't kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    There weren't any problems with Chinese milk or baby forumla either until someone decided it would be a wonderful idea to put melamine into it.
    What does this have to do with Hong Kong water quality "problems"?

In my view, the chances of there being an issue with the mains water supply in HK are very low, but the impact very high, so I take reasonable precautions.
    How is this any different from any other westernized country with a good quality water supply?

That said, I did recently take off the faucet strainer to fit my water filter. The amount of stones, rubber and other gunk that were clogged in the filter was astouding, and something I've certainly never seen in any of my flats in my home country. And this in a building that is part of the QWRS.

To each their own.

Last edited by klan8456; 13-02-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    How is this any different from any other westernized country with a good quality water supply?
    Most westernised countries don't source the majority of their water from a second world country (arguably 3rd world in some aspects such as freedom of speech and the press) with a terrible history of environmental abuse and disregard for the law and common sense. In my view, the chances of intentional or unintentional contamination of the water supply in HK through the actions of our friends across the border is higher than that in, say, the US, UK, Aus or Switzerland.

That said, Australia did have issues with dead dogs in their water supply some years ago so noone is immune.

no diamonds

thanks everyone for their replies. I have decided to get rid of Diamond water filter. I think the water quality using diamond filter is fine.. no issues with that.. its just a bit more expensive. I think I can get same quality water usign other filters at much cheaper rate! Also I live alone, i dont use it enough (say on weekdays ) .. its probably more worth for families where someone is home all the time, nto for a single guy like me!

Quote Originally Posted by klan8456:
    Most westernised countries don't source the majority of their water from a second world country (arguably 3rd world in some aspects such as freedom of speech and the press) with a terrible history of environmental abuse and disregard for the law and common sense.
    Did you graduate from the school of Dear Giant by any chance?