Like Tree5Likes

Public doctor recommendation plz.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceSqueezer:
    How early do you have to call for these things?! I just called at 9.10am and the message said the quota of appointments for the day at that hospital (Tung Wah Eastern) and all surrounding hospitals is already full.

What are the other options for seeing a GP cheaply for the uninsured?

Appointments are reset every 24 hours.

For morning appointments the next day, call at 10 am. For afternoon appointments the next day, call at 3pm.

$45 per visit, meds included.

See this:

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...ml#post2159022

HE's been recommended many times and we use him exclusively.

Thanks for all the advice! Resorted to a private GP today (not a great experience) as I was keen to be seen this morning but will try to sort out the public system next time. Both Dr Chan and Quality Health would have been significantly cheaper than my experience following another recommendation on here (Dr Tony Tse at Causeway Bay).

Is there supposed to be a charge for HKID holders to use the public general outpatient service? I've used it a few times recently and never been asked to pay..

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    Is there supposed to be a charge for HKID holders to use the public general outpatient service? I've used it a few times recently and never been asked to pay..
    General out-patient clinics: $45 per attendance

Thanks for robbing us taxpayers!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    General out-patient clinics: $45 per attendance

Thanks for robbing us taxpayers!
    Actually I paid the $45 once. But that was during an evening appointment. And I pay for the extra physio too. But I've had several outpatient appointments where they haven't asked for anything at any point. I'm sure they can't be letting me off. Normally I ring up and get a space when somebody has cancelled. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    The appointment system for the General Out-patient Clinics run by the Hospital Authority operates 24 hours a day. Register with a clinic near you and then you can make an appointment using that clinic's booking telephone number.
    Claire ex-ax: when you say "register", do you need to pre-register with the clinic in general, or is it a case of "just turn up there when you need it". Just wanted to make sure I understood whether dropping in (when healthy) to sign up made sense