Like Tree40Likes

Excellent Reasonably Priced Dentist

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Any recommendations for Kowloon dentists? Kowloon is a lot closer to Central than Sai Wan Ho (and in fact, I live here ).

Yeah so I need to see a dentist today, and ususally I go to Dr. Olivia Lam, but looking at recommendations for this dentist in SWH, I am thinking why not eh.
    But as timonoj has pointed out, there's a bit of confusion, as to whom one should go to...
    Can someone please clarify that?

All this arguing between ex-pat brats and the lifers has given me toothache - can anyone recommend?

I need a delicate extraction doing..

Could someone or ideally the thread owner clarifying which Dr. Chu is the real deal. The one at 46 or the one at 30-36.

I would guess the one at 46, smaller overhead compared to 30-36 (big shop?) ?

I want to get a quote for Dental Implant and Root Canal.

Many thanks.

Dr Chu

Quote Originally Posted by zoltm:
    Could someone or ideally the thread owner clarifying which Dr. Chu is the real deal. The one at 46 or the one at 30-36.

I would guess the one at 46, smaller overhead compared to 30-36 (big shop?) ?

I want to get a quote for Dental Implant and Root Canal.

Many thanks.
    Hi, I went to Dr Chu yesterday, he is on ground floor (street) at 30 to 36. I can't recommend him highly enough. 2 other dentists told me I needed an implant and a new bridge as one of the supporting teeth was cracked. Dr Chu removed the broken piece and reattached the existing bridge. It saved me a fortune! He charged me $900 instead of 18,000 to 24,000 for an implant (price he quoted) and who knows how much for a new bridge. Well worth the trip out there for an honest dentist who will not do needless treatment to make money.
    lingc likes this.

Sitting in the waiting room now, Dr Chu informed my wife that she DIDN'T need any serious work done and why in a very informative and professional manner, very impressed. She's just getting a clean instead now ($360). Definitely worth the trip.

lingc likes this.

Thanks for the recommendation. I presume from the above posts that English with Dr Chu is no problem?- as my Cantonese leaves a lot to be desired.

Great. Thanks for that!

Thanks to everyone who posted here,
    Whilst I'm not an expat I did find this link verry helpful.
    And have decided to visit Joseph whilst in HK for a convention from Aust.
    Your instructions were perfect, and I found him easily, in fact three hours too early.
    I ended up wandering the streets looking around and eating delishous random dim sum snacks (doh!)

Success, the perfect extraction,
    And a gently approach.
    In and out in 30 min and 1300 including an X-ray.
    Thanks to the post

shri likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast