Like Tree11Likes

recommended chiropractor

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts:
    but it is a fact that treatment from a chiropractor can re-align spine or neck problems. The added risk does not discount that the fact that it works, and proven to do so. Just compare x-rays before and after.
    Please provide links to any scientific studies supporting your assertion for anything other than lower back pain. Since when did X-rays measure pain?

For a balanced, scientific, discussion of the facts start here:
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/chiropr...roduction.aspx
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/chiropr.../Evidence.aspx
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/chiropr...egulation.aspx
    Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    If you ever feel the need for a change of job the tobacco industry would welcome you with open arms:

In the UK people die of lung cancer every day, some of them will have smoked, some of them will never have been near a cigarette in their life. And therefore there is, of course, no link between smoking and lung cancer.
    There are many epidemiological studies demonstrating a "CAUSAL" relationship between smoking and cancer. There are no studies demonstrating a "CAUSAL" relationship between spinal manipulation and stroke. You are the person who has introduced these studies to the discussion and does not understand the conclusions. So I would again refer you back to the Oxford dictionary definition of "Quack"

You say Chiropractic may be beneficial for back pain? I agree? Chiropractic can only improve spinal joint function and activate nerve receptors. Now if the persons problem is because they sit at a desk all day, dont get any exercise, and eat the wrong foods the benefits of improving spinal joint function are going to be limited. Now if people are going to be proactive in their care the benefits of chiropractic care can be remarkable. In case you did not know there are only five Lumbar Vertebra and they have ten facet joints. If you recognise an adjustment can improve function in these five vertebra, how come you dont understand joint function will also be improved in the ten thoracic vertebra or the seven cervical vertebra. You still have not explained why you dont use you real name? Quack Quack.

You must have missed the line in the first link "This means that chiropractic is different in important ways from treatments that are part of conventional western medicine". Its different right at the start you said it was pretending to be medicine. So do you now accept its different and people go to a chiropractor for different reasons than they would go to a medical doctor. If you only read the bits that confirm your bias, there is not much else to say really.

The scientific evidence is not great. Does absence of scientific evidence mean for the thoracic spine, mean the facet joints of the thoracic spine do not function like other synovial joints. Then who is to say all evidence is credible/ most patients would want and experienced practitioner who knows his stuff, not some troll sitting behind a computer who can bring up studies to support their prejudices.The researchers who do these studies are guys like your professor Ernst who were not very skilled so its hardly likely they would get good results from their efforts at manipulation, bit like expecting a hacker to be a better putter than Tiger Woods. The best chiropractors would have spent years developing their skills.

But Gruntfuttock knows all about chiropractic and whats involved because because Gruntfuttock read it online. Quack Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Richardlanigan:
    You still have not explained why you dont use you real name?
    What is your obsession with posters here using their real names?

You may not have noticed in your extensive online experience that no one uses their real names on any online forum, whether it is a social one like this one, or a serious medical one like www.curezone.com.

Does it make a posters views any less relevant if they post under an alias, or under a "real name", which could be a fake one for all you know? I don't think it does.

If you had any real knowledge about this website you would know that our Grunty is a legend here with his many, often rather acidic, but often accurate observations, many of which I don't agree with!

He is also one of the least anonymous posters here. If you did a little research you can easily find out his real name and, if you sign up to the right group, even meet him face to face as early as this afternoon.

On this particular topic I happen to agree with Grunty, and I join his opinion, even though not made under his real name, that you are a quack.

Cwbguy. ( Not my real name either.)

Quack, quack.
    Gruntfuttock likes this.

I am not particularly bothered to know who you or the Legend "Grunty" is, my point is it is very easy to sit in a basement somewhere insulting people from behind a computer and not know what you are taking about. Just because you agree with "The Legend" does not make him more credible. You say you agree with him so perhaps you could point out what I have written that is inaccurate or is what you mean to say is you share his prejudices about chiropractic. You are both entitled to your opinion and opinions are like noses every one has one.

I entered the dsicussion to explain to the "legend" what a quack is according to the Oxford dictionary. Then who are we to disagree with the Legend and and someone called Cwbguy

Los Angeles as of right now. When I move to HK, the back alley of some awesome restaurant

wow that escalated quickly.

anyone have recommendations for a physio? i wouldn't mind a change of care just to see which i like better.

My recommendation is :-

www.physiohk.com

Agree "Dr"Back should not be calling himself a Doctor or implying he is a medical Doctor. Very misleading. I doubt he has anything to back himself up as to why he should call himself a "Dr". He should call himself a Chiropractor who has completed a degree course in Bournemouth (or claims to have)

I just posted this on another thread, re: orthopedic

As an alternative to seeing a [chiropractor], orthopaedic / physiotherapist, have you considered osteopathy? I've had amazing results with back, ankle, shoulder, wrist issues. Aaron Anderson is fantastic and he works at IMI in Central and Discovery Bay.