Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imparanoic

Looking for Magnesium Carbonate.

Closed Thread

Question Looking for Magnesium Carbonate.

Anyone have any leads? I really need magnesium carbonate powder, but don't know where to find it. Thank you!!!

You mean... chalk?

You can get it at climbing/outdoor stores. Not sure if this would be considered 'medical grade' though.

I really don't want to think too closely about his username, thankyouverymuch!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    You mean... chalk?
    Just to be clear normal chalk (the rock, and as used on blackboards) is calcium carbonate, not magnesium, and won't help you maintain your eating disorder. Climbers' (or gymnasts') "chalk" is magnesium carbonate so might do the job.
    Last edited by Editor; 26-03-2013 at 11:29 AM.

antacid has mgco3, check on the box on various antacid for concertration at a chemist for medical usage

if you want it pure, assume not for medical consumption, ie, industrial usage, * i will not be responsible for any consequence if you ignore this advice disclaimer*

called 碳酸鎂 (taan shuen mei/ magnesium carbonate)

if mgco3 used as climbing chalk, ie, for grip, a mountaining climbing shop should sell it, maybe somewhere like

http://www.chamonix.com.hk/

http://www.yp.com.hk/wct/

this place sells it as a chemcal

Hkxcoloncleanse likes this.

I am not looking for chalk, am female (not male), and don't have an eating disorder. It is for a product I am making. Just need to know where to find it.

You could try iherb for medical grade they deliver super fast to Hong Kong I have used them many times price competitive too