Like Tree1Likes

eye exam for contacts?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

And for gas permeable lenses?

I appreciate this is an older thread but does anyone have any experience of opticians who can deal with gas permeable lenses. I had a disaster on an earlier HK fact finding holiday and the local optician who provided temporary soft lenses (whilst glasses being repaired and having lost a lens on the plane!) said that he didn't do them and couldn't think of anyone who did. Soft lenses may not be ideal longer term as they don't do my prescription in the lens type I would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot girl:
    I appreciate this is an older thread but does anyone have any experience of opticians who can deal with gas permeable lenses. I had a disaster on an earlier HK fact finding holiday and the local optician who provided temporary soft lenses (whilst glasses being repaired and having lost a lens on the plane!) said that he didn't do them and couldn't think of anyone who did. Soft lenses may not be ideal longer term as they don't do my prescription in the lens type I would prefer.
    I would contact the PolyU clinic: http://www.polyu.edu.hk/so/patients....=en&dispmode=1.

Thanks, will that give me a prescription or can they actually supply glasses and lenses?

They can actually supply them and they offer a guarantee as well (something like, if there are problems, you can come back and be re-examined). Ask them for details.

Perfect - thanks!