Like Tree43Likes

religous reasons? blocked from birth at United Christian Hospital?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I was present at bottom wife's emergency C-sections, Denmark and England.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I was present at both of my wife's emergency C-sections, Denmark and England.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    yeh that was our first WTH thought - cos we coulda flown back to NZ to do this! I think my wife is a bit nervous as first time twins - an we both wanted to have a more natural experience - she definitley needs someone she can abuse mercilessly if in pain

home birth? wow - we saw a few - they looked much more relaxed - dim lit - comfort etc .. soo wished they had proper birthin centres here.. we jus did a hypno birthin course an i think this raised our expectations of what we should have -

i think the bare bloody minimum is me bein there an holdin her hand and tryin to go thru breathin an stuff together.
    You absolutely should be there for your wife. The days when the father waved goodbye to the wife as she was wheeled away to a surgical room, her feet put in stirrups and a Doctor looming between her legs wielding a massive pair of forceps and a scalpel are long gone.

Don't let them do it to your family. Anything other than a true emergency general anesthetic C-section, there is no need. This is just a rule because they can. there is no logic or medical reason for it.

But there is no reason for your hospital experience to be this frustrating before you have even gotten in the delivery doors.

And on the home births, yes they are a wonderful thing, but not for a first and not for twins is my view. I have had 5 children, last 3 at home with no pain relief and midwife only, no Doctors.

Regardless of the place though, your wife needs your support, and you need to be a part of the process. Go right to the top if you have to, but get them to see sense!

For the record, my wife had a general anesthetic for the second one and I was in theatre the whole time.

scrambler likes this.

yeh home birth is out of our comfort zone - I jus wanna be there to do what little I can .. dont wanna interfere with the Docs apart from makin sure they stick to our birth plan which they agreed to most points..

I had to push hard for a delay in cuttin the cord - - 1 to 2 mins at least! cos they wanted her to push the 2nd twin immediately - good job we prepared - ie knew that on average 15 -20 mins between was normal..

I think we might have fought too hard an they jus wanna do it their way- how can my wife in labour really negotiate anythin with them at that time?

that is why I think I am banned from labour room - the yeah yeh yeh strike again ..

pretend to agree but with no kin intention of actually doin what they said?

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    For the record, my wife had a general anesthetic for the second one and I was in theatre the whole time.
    yeh I dont get it. seems like total bollox!

I think it is I asked to much - por youn lady doctor disappeared for 25 mins to talk to her superior an came back close to tears back trackin on almost everythin

actually if Ms Bump is under GA i am more understanding - but then I still want to offer my kids some stubbly chested comfort at least

Tell them you'll stay out of the O.R. if they give you rights to build a village house. Both equal sexist bullshit.

yeh I dont get it. seems like total bollox!

I think it is I asked to much - por youn lady doctor disappeared for 25 mins to talk to her superior an came back close to tears back trackin on almost everythin

actually if Ms Bump is under GA i am more understanding - but then I still want to offer my kids some stubbly chested comfort at least
    Then can you get to talk to her boss? That is where the pigheadedness is resting by the sounds of it. They won't be used to people turning up with birth plans and ideas, affects their superior attitude and causes loss of face to have to give in.

yeh we tried askin - if we dont get the answer we want on thurs - that when we are back - then I may refuse to leave the room until we at least get an appointment wit him/her

actually this 'policy' sounds like bollox - why werent we informed of this *months* ago.. I think we might have flown back to NZ or got a HK address so we can use Queen Mary.

why isnt this policy handed out as an information sheet hand out when we registered?

yeh we tried askin - if we dont get the answer we want on thurs - that when we are back - then I may refuse to leave the room until we at least get an appointment wit him/her

actually this 'policy' sounds like bollox - why werent we informed of this *months* ago.. I think we might have flown back to NZ or got a HK address so we can use Queen Mary.

why isnt this policy handed out as an information sheet hand out when we registered?
    Personally, sounds like they made it up because they didn't want to be told what to do. Just stick to your request to be there, in the nicest possible way, with as much info as you can get about why it is silly nonsense for you to be banned.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast