Mailing medication to Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Mailing medication to Hong Kong

I was wondering if anyone has tried receiving mail with medication before, namely contraceptive pills. I use a particular brand and have been for most of my life, which is why the Manning/Watsons brands won't be good. I'm a bit afraid to change because of potential side effects, etc., so best stick with what works. The problem is, my brand is available, and needs prescription and is ridiculously expensive. My idea is to ask family to send as it'll be 10% of the price I would otherwise pay in HK, plus you don't need a prescription there. The other problem of course, is it permissible to mail pills to HK? I was trying to make sense of the HK post rules, and they seem to allow "prescription amounts", and some people say label them as vitamins...

I was wondering if anyone has gotten medication through mail, and any concerns there?

I did many years ago. Never had any issues.

As long as it legit medicine and your not shipping lots and lots of it like your intending to sell it, I dont see any problems.

http://www.hongkongpost.hk/eng/publi...ontent/6.3.pdf

Labeling the package 'Vitamins' sounds like a surefire way for the package to get flagged at customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    Labeling the package 'Vitamins' sounds like a surefire way for the package to get flagged at customs.
    Like mailing heroin over labeled as cake flour

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Like mailing heroin over labeled as cake flour
    That's worked for me! Shhhhh