Like Tree38Likes

Psychological Health of Intercultural couples

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    You wouldn't hesitate in person, why let it rub its shoes on you on a forum..? I will say, GEO users are MUCH less provocative in person, maybe because it isn't worth getting a broken nose over lol
    Haha - it's so easy to say (behind a computer) "you would never dare say this in person, otherwise you'd get a broken nose". Yeah. Of course mate. Shitting bricks over here. The one thing INXS never complains about is the crap he gets, because he knows the crap he flings about is ten times more. Nice to see you worried on his behalf though. It's good to see he has a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    The Freudian slips of the closet racist cloaked in leftist soft cocked rhetoric. I've seen your type...yes, you are the snake in the grass; still the same snake after shedding your skin.
    Not at all mate. Please explain how you think I'm a closet racist. Please also let me know which culture you'd put your white/chinese children. By your own definition, are they outliers, excluded from counting as part of either race/culture? I think you just need to think this one through a bit more.

The very idea that there is some sort of homogenous, Caucasian "culture"?? Would that not mean I share the same cultural mores as the likes of INXS or skyhook? Not fucking likely

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    The very idea that there is some sort of homogenous, Caucasian "culture"?? Would that not mean I share the same cultural mores as the likes of INXS or skyhook? Not fucking likely
    I'll delineate my response, tonight....

Last edited by Skyhook; 27-10-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Heavens alive.

Any white Anglo-Saxon Protestants married to a mainlander please step forward?

Last edited by Koen; 03-11-2013 at 02:30 PM.

OP should should just go and find a Western/Chinese girl/boyfriend* - then he/she* can find out first hand.

As for psychological health - Being in a mixed relationship just means you find out your partner is a nutter a little later on due to the cross cultural novelties and possible language barrier.

Last edited by Fatelvis; 03-11-2013 at 05:11 PM. Reason: * Not sure of OP's gender, not suggesting they date a ladyboy.
    Koen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatelvis:
    Being in a mixed relationship just means you find out your partner is a nutter a little later on due to the cross cultural novelties and possible language barrier.
    its true.......Ok not always but men myself excluded (but of course) seem to open themselves up for this and often. It is Im just assuming more common for the male to be the Westerner. Given the male Asian psyche. Often seen in a derogatory light an Asian male who marries a white woman. Again there are exceptions of course one being where extreme wealth is concerned but these never last as the truth will out eventualy.

I could tell some wicked stories along these lines where neither could speak each others languages, married, living in parallel universes. It does have some funny sides but mostly quite insanely delusional ones.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6