Like Tree8Likes

Physiotherapist for neck pain?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thanks guys (errm, gals)! It's very helpful to get these different suggestions and input. Who knows if all the website reading is really telling of how suitable a physiotherapy center is, but it certainly is giving me some background information to go by. It seems most centres do try to find a niche and emphasize that.
    Natfixit, it sounds a lot like what I've already done several times with a great Chinese medicine doctor over the past year. She did a good job of making the pain go away for around a month or two with acupuncture and some painful massaging. But since the issue keeps coming back, I think I'll try a different approach and see if I can find some more life-long changes I can make (less geoexpats?).
    Of course the one option that seems most suitable is the most expensive and would require filling out forms. :/ Ah well!

I go there and the guy is excellent:

Stephen Lai
    15/F Onshine Comm Building, 10 Tung Sing Road Aberdeen.
    2552 6091

Always helped me to recover/prepare big races.

450HKD per visit.

shri likes this.

Sorry about the neck pain, I can imagine its quite a pain in the neck Before getting physio, accupuncture etc I hope you have had your neck examined and maybe investigated to exclude more serious conditions.

Last edited by jeanlim; 03-11-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Have you looked at whether there is a problem with your mattress and/or pillows? I find my shoulder problem tends to recur if I have been sleeping on a bad mattress or soft pillows.

In fact, I recently turned my mattress after reading that you were meant to do that once or twice a year ( so it wears evenly) and I've been waking up much more comfortable. A cheap solution?!

Digging up this old thread. Any new recommendations for a physiotherapist particularly for posture and neck pain?

PhysioMotion charges $1200. The previous physiotherapist I saw is now cashing in at the London Clinic for $1500. And I honestly don't think any physiotherapist -- at least not the ones I've seen or known about -- are worth that kind of money. My insurance only covers up to $700, which I think is plenty for the kind of service they provide and education they have.

Any suggestions?

Oh wait, the previously recommended one, Margaret Tang, has a picture of her on a surf board. I think I better call this one!!! Update: She charges $1750. Wtf?!?!

Last edited by Elegiaque; 10-08-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Ivan Ho in TST HKD$640:

https://www.iphysiohk.com/

Tel: 3617 0178 ​ ; Email : [email protected]
    Address: Rm1101,11/F, Cambridge House, 26-28 Cameron Road, TST, KLN 尖沙咀金馬倫道26-28號金壘商業中心11樓1101室

Had my OH's neck pain fixed just last week.

Elegiaque likes this.

I was about to suggest a Traditional Chinese Medicine but you already gone that route. What triggers the neck pain/injury?

Quote Originally Posted by WMDS:
    I was about to suggest a Traditional Chinese Medicine but you already gone that route. What triggers the neck pain/injury?
    Just prolonged sitting and bad posture and lack of exercise. So really no need for a physio because I know all the solutions, hah!

I had neck and shoulder pain and tried a physio/acupuncture/regular western Doc - with no luck. I eventually was recommended to an osteopath who sorted it out. I would recommend but is expensive $1200 a session - Damien Mouellic

https://topdoc.hk/en/doctor/profile/damien-mouellic/

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    Digging up this old thread. Any new recommendations for a physiotherapist particularly for posture and neck pain?

PhysioMotion charges $1200. The previous physiotherapist I saw is now cashing in at the London Clinic for $1500. And I honestly don't think any physiotherapist -- at least not the ones I've seen or known about -- are worth that kind of money. My insurance only covers up to $700, which I think is plenty for the kind of service they provide and education they have.

Any suggestions?

Oh wait, the previously recommended one, Margaret Tang, has a picture of her on a surf board. I think I better call this one!!! Update: She charges $1750. Wtf?!?!
    500 HKD - always worked very well:

Alan Chu:
    http://www.sportsinjury.com.hk/index...php?did=270546
    Speaks perfect English.

Article about him (it's not that painful)
    'The Needleman' delivers painful remedy for injuries | South China Morning Post
    Elegiaque and Enzos like this.