Like Tree18Likes

Sleep apnea/snoring

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I've always suffered from sinus issues thus causing interrupted sleep and allergies.
    In London I had two sessions of acupuncture which helped a lot.
    Might be worth looking into for you guys

wtbhotia likes this.

my doctor also mentioned about a mouth mould that helps push the lower or upper jaw outwards, he said could be an option also but I have a lot of blockage the machine is my best option and loose some damm weight ha ha

Mamba
    Original Post Deleted
    ewwwww!

We're into the snoring season. Some places we've lived my husband hasn't snored at all, others all the time, here it appears to be seasonal. Started snoring as soon as the humidity dropped.

I'm knackered and he's all "but darlin' I'm sorry". Heading out to buy snoring strips and getting the elbow sharpened for some almighty digs in the ribs.

Tis the season to be grumpy, tired and did I mention grumpy?
    wtbhotia and jrkob like this.

Well Im flying off to Korea tonight without my machine so I can snore as loud as possible, it should scare any hotel ghost if any LOL

jrkob likes this.

Mamba

@jrkob snoring strips seem to be working for the minute but again maybe 1 in 14 nights it's a nightmare. Seems to be about if he gets it in the right position on his nose, too high or too low doesn't work.

He's had the spray before but the doctor said that it was not a permanent fix, would work for some time and then have to take a break, which is how it turned out. Month on, month off.

He has a sinus problem and a wonky nose, not sure if it's the lack of humidity, winter air irritants or the snots that make him snore but definitely worse in winter.

Using Vicks or menthol with the strips seems to help too. Watch out for those plastic snoring strips if you want to get close, they are bloody sharp. The plaster ones are safer!

Winter - sexy as all hell.

Last edited by Mamba; 08-12-2015 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Adding info

Mamba
    Original Post Deleted
    good luck man snoring sucks.

Mamba

It's hard for them too. Much as I get grumpy, and believe me I do, he looks like crap as well.

A good night's sleep would be so nice right about now. I'm not asking for 8 hours, cats and kid see to that, but maybe a solid 6 hours. Just want us both to stop the grouch.

wtbhotia likes this.

I spent 2 months on the SOFA due to my snoring so I understand how its effects the other partner and how crappy it is for the snoring person as well.

My husband has begun snoring when originally, he was virtually never a snorer. He does consume a lot of dairy and animals fats but is not overweight. To add to the problem, our flabby tabby BSH who is overweight also snores. So I have to put up with the pair of them snoring almost in one cacophony.

Then again, my husband complains that I talk in my sleep almost as much I complain that he snores. Apparently, I'm always repeating the same words - "shut up!"

Original Post Deleted
    - no one has complained yet. Maybe we are quiet compared to the goings on they make at all hours - like potting plants, cleaning the house, domestics - mum yelling at son for not completing his homework. Cats outside having a bit of biffo...quite quiet really when compared to living in midlevels. ;-))

Back to snoring. Growing up, my father was a heavy snorer and being in the bedroom next to my parents, I never got an ounce of sleep when living with them. Apparently it was something to do with his nose being partially broken, but he never would do anything about it, resulting in years of no sleep.
    Last edited by Natfixit; 08-12-2015 at 09:23 PM.