Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jgl
  • 1 Post By bibbju
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine

Compeed or similar hydrocolloidal blister plasters

Closed Thread

Compeed or similar hydrocolloidal blister plasters

Just struck out at Watsons and Mannings and 7-11.

Any ideas? If they are common in proper pharmacies I'll go hunting for one, but my "local" appears to have turned into a noodle store

Found them a long time ago at Protrek. Not sure if they still carry them. Or get the Moleskin stuff... should also be available at the camping stores (RC, maybe Chamonix).

I always thought Compeed was to prevent blisters, not to treat existing ones? As a preventative for hiking, duct tape works pretty well too. Better than Compeeds imo.

Last edited by jgl; 28-02-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Compeed are hydrocolloidal - they create a moist environment to allow blisters to heal so they are mainly for blister treatment although I guess they could be used for prevention. I use zinc oxide tape for prevention (better than duct tape and not much more expensive) but the one I use is not sold in HK so I get it posted here by relatives.

its for coldsores - didnt tink u could get em here? interested since someone i *know* buys em off the internet

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Just struck out at Watsons and Mannings and 7-11.

Any ideas? If they are common in proper pharmacies I'll go hunting for one, but my "local" appears to have turned into a noodle store
    Escapade Sports sells them.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Compeed are hydrocolloidal - they create a moist environment to allow blisters to heal so they are mainly for blister treatment although I guess they could be used for prevention. I use zinc oxide tape for prevention (better than duct tape and not much more expensive) but the one I use is not sold in HK so I get it posted here by relatives.
    Looks like I have misunderstood these things for years then. I thought they were for prevention and wondered why they'd just turn into a soggy mess stuck into the bottom of my socks. I gave up using them years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Looks like I have misunderstood these things for years then. I thought they were for prevention and wondered why they'd just turn into a soggy mess stuck into the bottom of my socks. I gave up using them years ago!
    The newer ones are much better than the older ones. They absorb the stuff inside the blister and take longer to turn into a soggy mess. I usually stick some tape over the top of them though for longer hikes to ensure they stay attached!

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    Escapade Sports sells them.
    I'm wondering if there is a correlation between this and the fact that I purchased my new shoes there!
    bibbju likes this.