Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeannaX

Is cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia available in HK?

Closed Thread

Is cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia available in HK?

I am suffering from severe insomnia. I've tried lots of different herbs and OTCs such as valerian root, camomile tea, melatonin, magnesium, vit B complex etc. None of these really work for me. Even a small dosage of Zolpidem (e.g., Ambein, Stilnox) doesn't work very well. Oh, God. This problem is really killing me.

I heard some people in the US having good results from cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I). Is this available in Hong Kong? Do you guys know any good psychologist/psychiatrist specializing in insomnia?

Try Jadis Blurton Family Development Center in Kennedy Town. I'm not completely sure if they have what you're looking for, but if not they should be able to give you another recommendation. Although the practice is more focused on children they do treat adults.

cometqq likes this.

Make an appt to see Dr. Susan Mistler at Central Health on Duddell St. She's a psychologist and CBT practitioner.

Yeah, just looked at their website. Sounds promising. Thanks for the info...

have you tried a proper chinese medicine professional? dr guo and dr yu at oriental health are treating insomnia. www.orientalhealth.com.hk

The insomnia problem is literally killing me. I'd try anything that may work. Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have any experience with these doctors?

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    have you tried a proper chinese medicine professional? dr guo and dr yu at oriental health are treating insomnia. www.orientalhealth.com.hk

Hi,
    I know this is an old thread, but I'm wondering if the OP has found a solution to his problem?
    Thanks in advance.