Like Tree4Likes

How much do you guys tip a massage therapist?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How much do you guys tip a massage therapist?

Today I went to a massage place called big bucket for a 90-minute neck/shoulder/foot massage. After the massage, the massage therapist asked me if I could give him some tips. The massage was about 300 HKD and I gave him 50. I think this massage therapist did an OK job. How much would you tip at the local massage places?

That'll depend on how happy the ending was......

DeannaX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    That'll depend on how happy the ending was......
    The staff at Big Bucket, Causeway Bay branch, are not chosen for their looks,but they do good massage at a decent price.

Hi, Cwbguy. I guess you've been there before. So how much did you tip? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    The staff at Big Bucket, Causeway Bay branch, are not chosen for their looks,but they do good massage at a decent price.

I go with my wife and she does the paying, but pretty sure it's only $20 put in the tip
    box.

cometqq likes this.

Yup twenty dollars minimum at places like those.

cometqq likes this.

tabletop

I don't tip at all

if you plan on being a regular customer there then I would say no tip is required, they are just trying it on really...

i use a massage place in sai kung. i have left as little as $20 and as much as $50 depending on the quality of the massage and the duration (i leave more if it is a longer massage).

I goto Shenzhen for massage 1-6 times per month, I also had massage in HK. You can ask me for the current price and services in those places,

I am a local Cantonese speaking person in HK with a western passport and lived in western country for a few years. Speak English, Cantonese and Mandarin.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast