Like Tree1Likes

over the counter flu vaccine?

Closed Thread

over the counter flu vaccine?

hi,

does anyone know here i can buy over the counter flu vaccine to jab myself with? i cannot afford to go to the doctor anymore as i work for a french investment bank.

I believe the flu vaccine has to be cold chained from manufacturer to patient delivery. I don't believe it is available OTC.

That said you might consider waiting a month until the updated vaccine arrives in Hong Kong as it offers more protection against the current virus.

Seems not to be a question of affordability but rather a dislike of going to the doctor. A post from the OP from 2009:

"Is it possible to get medication without seeing a doctor in HK? What's the law in that regard? Can I import?

Quite apart from not wanting to pay a doctor to basically fill in a perscription, it usually takes an hour to in the waiting line being coughed all over by then diseased"

Quote Originally Posted by mfc:
    hi,

does anyone know here i can buy over the counter flu vaccine to jab myself with? i cannot afford to go to the doctor anymore as i work for a french investment bank.
    This place will give you one for $350. Very clean and efficient office, so you're just in there and out.

Hong Kong Emergency Medicine Centre--Contact Us

I think Matilda Outpatient charged me $350 as well.

If I recall, all the flu vaccine in Hong Kong is bought by the government and then distributed to the various hospitals and doctors who have to administer it basically for the same price. Some clinics can import directly (there is one that brings in Flumist, the nasal spray) but you have to pay quite a bit more.