Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mat

Cheaper dentist in Bangkok?

Closed Thread

Cheaper dentist in Bangkok?

I had a tooth pulled a while back, and my dentist wants me to get an implant, but it's ridiculously expensive. Somewhere around 30k HKD I think it was. I thought I read here once that for expensive dental procedures, you could fly to Bangkok and have them done much cheaper, but I can't seem to find that thread. Does anyone have any experience with this, or could offer me some advice?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dougmal:
    I had a tooth pulled a while back, and my dentist wants me to get an implant, but it's ridiculously expensive. Somewhere around 30k HKD I think it was. I thought I read here once that for expensive dental procedures, you could fly to Bangkok and have them done much cheaper, but I can't seem to find that thread. Does anyone have any experience with this, or could offer me some advice?

Thanks!
    30k is indeed an average price in HK. Careful abt thailand for that one tho. They use a technique (all at once) which overall is slightly less 'bullet proof' than the traditional one (ie a few weeks/months between the implant is fixed and the tooth is fixed)…basically they load the teeth at the same time as they fix the implant in BKk (avoids u to go twice) but that mean a rate of failure slightly higher (but as i understand still pretty good results for a major price difference....and for the record i paid 23k in HK and it failed so...)
    shri likes this.

Why don't you go to Shenzhen?

Is it a good price in Shenzhen? Good dentists? I only said Bangkok because I had seen that thread once. I have never heard anything about going to Shenzhen for dentistry.