Like Tree13Likes

where to buy a knee walker?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    and another one.... anyone seen any waterproof cast protectors? Something like this:

Bloccs Waterproof Protector for Casts and Dressings - Adult Short Arm - Boots
    OK - for @scrambler who may also like to know about this... I ordered these from the UK and it came in about a week by airmail (I ordered direct from Bloccs website as boots were out of stock).
    Just tried it this morning for a swim (yes, really!) and a shower. Fabulous. If you are a big guy, you may find this cuts off your circulation and is painful - it was borderline for me but I do have fairly chubby legs. But great for some freedom in the pool.

will have to check with the surgeon, I have a massive lesion in my ankle - so I wont be able to put any weight on it all for about 6 weeks!

I need to schedule the date of the surgury... but maybe 6 weeks from now!

quite nervous! ☹

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    will have to check with the surgeon, I have a massive lesion in my ankle - so I wont be able to put any weight on it all for about 6 weeks!

I need to schedule the date of the surgury... but maybe 6 weeks from now!

quite nervous! ☹
    Ankles will be perfect for all this stuff. My ankle is the problem (fractured). You may find your surgeon has never heard of any of it - my physio had not (and he's a good one). It seems Hong Kong has not quite caught up with all the innovations in the USA so far...

You are lucky. You can PLAN for not being able to put weight on your ankle. I went out for a hike 10 days ago and have not been home since
    scrambler likes this.

thats bad luck! something similair happened to me on a hike to the bar in the 90's.... I was living on lamma at the time - didnt go home for 3 weeks!

its gonna be hell this time! twins - no helper - self employed.. its bad enough with out being disabled!

and its my driving foot! ☹

anyways it doesnt seem to be slowing you down!

Last edited by scrambler; 10-10-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Any chance anyone in this ancient thread bought a knee scooter and has it to sell in Hong Kong? Wondering if I can avoid buying full price.

I did buy one and still have it but I don't want to sell it. I have lent it out in the past but I think the quality is not so great that I can do it much more and still have it usable when I next have an injury! They really need a rental scheme here in HK - a business opportunity for someone!

I did buy one and still have it but I don't want to sell it. I have lent it out in the past but I think the quality is not so great that I can do it much more and still have it usable when I next have an injury! They really need a rental scheme here in HK - a business opportunity for someone!
    I ordered one from eBay yesterday - they have cheaper ones than Amazon including shipping to HK. If anyone finds this thread in the future I'm sure I will want to sell it to avoid being reminded of my injury. I also ordered some ergonomic crutches and that crutch alternative that looks like a prosthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by maya_soho:
    I ordered one from eBay yesterday - they have cheaper ones than Amazon including shipping to HK. If anyone finds this thread in the future I'm sure I will want to sell it to avoid being reminded of my injury. I also ordered some ergonomic crutches and that crutch alternative that looks like a prosthetic.
    The i-walker? I got one of those two. They are actually very good - particularly if you need to negotiate any stairs (which I did).

I don't want to be reminded of my injury but I do seem to injure myself quite often and had to spend 10 days in a hotel waiting for these things to arrive before I could go home.... I don't want to risk being in that situation again so I'm keeping hold of them!

The i-walker? I got one of those two. They are actually very good - particularly if you need to negotiate any stairs (which I did).

I don't want to be reminded of my injury but I do seem to injure myself quite often and had to spend 10 days in a hotel waiting for these things to arrive before I could go home.... I don't want to risk being in that situation again so I'm keeping hold of them!
    Yes got that one! I'm in exactly that boat now...in a hotel and waiting to go back to my flat that has steps. This is not a crutch-friendly city.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by maya_soho:
    Yes got that one! I'm in exactly that boat now...in a hotel and waiting to go back to my flat that has steps. This is not a crutch-friendly city.
    No, it's not. I could not even use crutches as I had Adhesive Capsulitis in my shoulder at the same time. (Although I did not realise that until a while later, I thought I had just hurt it more in the fall).