Like Tree13Likes

where to buy a knee walker?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

where to buy a knee walker?

something like this: Knee Walker | Roll About | Knee Scooter

I have tried justmed and they don't have them. any ideas?

and another one.... anyone seen any waterproof cast protectors? Something like this:

Bloccs Waterproof Protector for Casts and Dressings - Adult Short Arm - Boots

Have you tried calling hospital physiotherapy departments, or a few of the orthopedic surgeons often mentioned on geo?

I remember seeing cast protectors at AsiaMedical in Central, but that was over a year ago, worth a call though.

Last edited by Cwbguy; 03-10-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

i have a friend who is a physio and she was the one who suggested i ask in the hospital physio dept - but they said just use a garbage bag (which I have used once and is a right pain in the neck even with lots of help). I've ordered one of the cast protectors now from the UK - should come in a week or so, so I will wait for a shower (not like I'm doing much exercise... ). But would really like to get the knee walker. So far I'm using a wheelchair backwards - it's SO much easier to get in and out than sitting in it.

AsiaMedical seems to be affiliated with the medical centre here in the Gold Coast. I've sent them an email to ask if the carry these things.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    something like this: Knee Walker | Roll About | Knee Scooter

I have tried justmed and they don't have them. any ideas?
    Bumping this - ANYONE anymore ideas? tried all the suggestions so far and no luck. I need a mechanism to get along300m of dock on my own - crutches are just not practical with my damaged shoulder... this would be perfect and apparently common in USA and Australia so why not here????

Economy Knee Walker | Roll About | Knee Walker Central

This looks very similar to a walking frames used by elderly - could you adapt one of those?. I've seen plenty of these in medical apparatus shops in North Point and Yau Ma Tei.

Next practical suggestion.

Get your husband to carry you.

The knee scooters are quite a bit different from the walkers sadly. The hospital where I was treated didn't have anything like this. I think HK might be a little behind other places. My friend who works in Adventist in HK is asking around there but nothing as yet. I've seen them on Alibaba but it was 30 day delivery.... not to useful. Final option is to order from overseas but that may also take some time

Not sure how long you need to use one for but having had to use a wheelchair before maybe try and get a much better wheelchair as they are much easier to move about in than the standard bulky clumsy hospital wheelchair (not sure how easy that is to get here). If it's only a few weeks till the arm/shoulder can deal with crutches this or just sticking it out with the current wheelchair are probably your best bet. If it's going to be months then I'd order the knee walker from overseas.

Also the plastic bag works pretty well and is fairly easy once you get the hang of it. Give it a few more tries if you want a shower before your other thing turns up.

Having had surgeries unfortunately in lots of countries HK is pretty good honestly. Nowhere is perfect. At least taxis are easy to get and relatively affordable for a start. It's much quicker to become more independent here as a cripple, and people are generally amazingly helpful. New Zealand was the crapest place to be a cripple.

Take lots of rest and hope you find a solution and recover well!

HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast