Like Tree2Likes

Eczema! Where to find CeraVe products in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I certainly wouldn't be able to go to Taiwan but I will get the sebamed lotion. Thanks! And I am glad your eczema has gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    I tried a couple of public and private docs in HK until I got what I needed on Taiwan, the doc's own stuff.

dermatologists don't like prescribing medication high in cortison, it can do a lot of harm to the skin.
    I don't know about Cetaphil.

I had several eczema, one quite nasty. All history now.

As I said, support any treatment with Sebamed lotion, especicially if you have dry skin

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson_heungong:
    Goto a good Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor.
    Hadn't thought of that! Do you know of any good ones who can communicate in English? Thanks!

I have had eczema for 40 years and my kids have as well - prevention is bucket loads of moisturisers (avoid aqueous cream has soap in which is crazy given it is supposed to be a soap substitute )

my my favorite products are QV products Bath Oil Cream lotion are very good and available in most chain pharmacies

for outbreak you need steroids to hit and hit hard - if infected go to DR may need antibiotics or flare up skin lotion or bath stuff

if really bad DR will do UV treatment but if you are this bad you should be seeing a. Dermatologist (published one at jockey clinic QMH is fine but long wait to se them

I posted another thread on steroids and how to put on kids ages ago

Depends on how bad your Eczema is, treating eczema is pretty tough. I have several friends were prescribed with cortisone cream to treat, most of them had bad experience with that. Topical cortisone can relieve itching and inflammation really quickly but it weakens your skin as well, and cause further breakdown of the skin barrier.

I had very mild Eczema, ( only a spot, I am not sure if my experience will help you) But when I use less chemical on my skin, and moisturize well (Use natural coconut or almond oil), the Eczema would disappear. And when I eat junk food/processed food, my spot will appear and become itchy again.

Hope my experience will hope you, and by the way, cut out milk products, it definitely helps

I'd like to post here our experience with eczema. Hope it can help anyone who sees this thread and who's still battling with eczema.

My daughter got eczema when she was 5 months old. It started with just some tiny red spots on her face, then it turned out to be really serious with yellow fluid coming out and if she scratched her face hard because of itchiness there would even be blood.
    I was really worried that time, and didn’t sleep every night for 4 months just to hold her hands to prevent her from scratching her face. That has been very difficult time period. Now she’s far better and the eczema is almost gone. Some say that eczema will disappear when you grow up. But you know at that time, the eczema was just too serious that you feel like you have to do something.
    We’ve seen many dermatologists, and all of them prescribed cream/ lotion that contains steroid. After my daughter used the cream, it got better. But you can’t use the cream for too long as it contains steroid. Once we stopped using the cream, the symptoms came back again…
    Also, I tried almost every baby lotion including Vaseline on the market, nothing worked and some even made things worse. I tried some natural oil as well, such as olive oil, grapeseed oil, etc. Only sesame oil seemed to not cause any bad reactions. But after applying it for several days, my daughter still got reaction to it and her skin got a little bit red…

After so many trials and experiments, the things below were what I did when my daughter was 9 months old and these have hugely improved her symptoms that time. I haven’t let my daughter take any kind of medicine or use any steroid cream after that. The following methods are all natural with no bad side effects at all. Now she is 3 and has almost recovered.

1. Sweet potato soup:
    I found this by accident. I tried to find food that my daughter had no allergy to and that can treat her eczema. One time when I cooked this sweet potato soup, I found that my daughter’s eczema got better after she drank it. So afterwards I cooked this soup every day and let her drink it instead of water.
    Cooking method:
    Peel off skin of several sweet potatoes, cut the potatoes into chunk pieces, after wash, boil them in hot water (water amount should be at least to cover all the potatoes), after boiling turn to small heat and cook for about 20-30mintues till the soup gets orange colour. Done.
    It really worked for us! May be you can give it a try? Just drink this soup every day.

2. Sunlight:
    I took my daughter out for sunbathing 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon, no matter what. Even there was rain, I went out with an umbrella in my left hand and pushed the buggy with my right hand, without using the plastic rain cover of the buddy, just umbrella, so that my daughter could be exposed to sunlight.
    I’m not sure if this directly helped, but my daughter definitely became very healthy after I did this.
    Note: If the sunlight is strong, I would suggest letting the kids stay in the shade but still outdoor. And the best time for sunbathing is anytime before 10am and after 5pm. Also avoid sunlight around lunch time, as it’s too strong.

3. Silk bed linen:
    As the cotton bed linen my daughter was using was not soft and smooth enough for her sensitive skin, I went to look for silk bed linen, but couldn’t find anything good. <snip> Silk is anti-dust mites, anti mould and hypoallergenic, which is really good for eczema skin.
    My daughter has been using silk bed linen since then.

4. Diet:
    We found that every time my daughter has eaten certain food, her eczema got worse. So we tried to avoid those food. For example, my daughter was most allergic to chicken eggs, I used duck eggs and quail eggs as replacements. She was allergic to rice too, I replaced it with sweet potatoes. Also because I was doing breast feeding, I avoided these food as well. And we tried not to eat shrimps and crabs, as they are very easy to get allergic reactions.
    We didn't do allergy test, coz some say it's not a pleasant experience, and it will change anyway as they grow.
    So basically we just watched out any food that would make eczema worse and avoided them that time.
    Now as my daughter has grown elder, she's not allergic to chicken eggs, rice and other things anymore. Her eczema is almost gone, so we let her eat tiny bit of shrimp every time we eat so that she can get used to it at a later stage (suggested by doctor).

Btw, my daughter does not drink sweet potato soup every day now.

This is our story of fighting the terrible eczema. Hope the above information can help you.
    Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need more information.

Get well soon!

Best regards,
    Aimee
    Mother of a once serious eczema sufferer

Last edited by Editor; 22-11-2016 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Thanks for replying, but we do not allow soliciting or advertising in the forums.
    joanfung likes this.

Thanks Joan for liking my reply post. Hope it can help you.

They have it now in HK pharmacies! Mannings and watsons with the + sign - that has a pharmacist in there