Like Tree33Likes

Air Purifier

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    That's what I thought at first too, until I discovered that you can change it within the app. Once you have it connected to your phone, open up the control panel and hold on the "Favorites" button and you'll see a slider where you can adjust the fan speed.

The app is crucial for the operation of the Purifier, and I wonder if that's why Xiaomi is able to keep costs so low.
    Yeah, I know. Set it to full power and wait an hour and see what happens. It reverts automatically back to auto/low, which is everyone's complaint.

I haven't needed to set the Purifier on full blast for more than 30 minutes, but if I do I'll keep an eye out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    Just a quick update. I received my laser sensor and pooped it in. Pretty simple upgrade, disconnected one cable and unscrewed a screw, and then did the reverse with the new sensor. Now it's reading 55 instead of 300-600 now. There's a huge difference in the readings. Either the stock infrared sensor broke, or this laser one is much more accurate, I don't know.

Sorry, but just to confirm, you upgraded the sensor on your Mi Air Purifier?
    How can I do this? Mind sharing info on where to get this sensor?

I have the Mi Air Purifier v2

Yeah, upgraded from the stock infrared sensor to a laser one. Found it on Taobao so you might need someone who knows how to read Chinese to order it for you.

If your current sensor is working properly then there's no need to upgrade, I think mine was broken so it made sense for me. The stock one was gonna cost me 120 RMB and this one cost me 165 RMB so I thought I'll have a bit of fun for an extra 45 RMB.

If you still want to get one, go on Taobao and search for one that has a PBC pre-soldered on made for the Xiaomi air purifier 2. This is the guy I bought it from: http://m.tb.cn/h.Wu9meOA

Edit: I used one of the official Taobao ship forwarder, and it cost me like 11 RMB and picked it up from a nearby pickup point. 4PX was the ship forwarder, I think.

Xiaomi recently upgraded their Mi Home app to require permissions to access the calendar- can anyone who has installed the upgrade comment on whether there's additional functionality that really makes use of calendar access?

I think you can just deny them. Those might be needed for other smart devices, but I see no purpose on the purifier.

jgl likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8