Like Tree6Likes

Looking for decent outpatient (surgery) insurance

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

My company is so friggin stupid they have changed insurance providers 4 times in the last 3 yesrs. I've been on BUPA, William Russell, Allianz, and now some French one called Henner. I can say short and sweet they are all basically the same except William Russell. These guys kept challenging my claims, foe example I've got 2 kids and my daughter visited the doc for a simple cough and they tried to weasel out of it on some kind of technicality and wanted to know if she had pre existing asthma and all this shit. So don't go William Russell, the others all OK.

Allianz had a cool iphone app where if you had to pay upfront (rather than direct settlement) you could take a picture of the receipt with your phone and upload the claim to them instantly. But in HK anyway they have plenty of places that accept direct settlement so never really needed to use it.

But I dont really understand what the OP is trying to do. Why would someone want to be covered more than once for the same condition? Sounds like throwing away money to me.

Last edited by bdw; 03-03-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    But I dont really understand what the OP is trying to do. Why would someone want to be covered more than once for the same condition? Sounds like throwing away money to me.
    It's not. If you get dropped by one insurance company or they chance their policy, you have a second provider to fall back on