Like Tree8Likes

2016 - Flu Season has started

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2016 - Flu Season has started

Got this from the school.

Its official - flu season has started.

You may be aware from local press, radio and TV reports that Hong Kong is in the midst of an influenza outbreak.

This morning, the Hong Kong Centre for Health Protection (CHP) advised that daily temperature taking should commence in schools. Schools are now placed under formal reporting procedures.

We are required to monitor absence trends and advise the CHP accordingly.
    So, we have to go through the ritual of taking the temp and recording it. Or I guess just recording it ..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    So, we have to go through the ritual of taking the temp and recording it. Or I guess just recording it ..
    My kid (2 yrs old) who is at nursery school, they have a book in her school back pack, I have to take her temp every school day and write it in the book, they check if I have filled it in or not daily, it comes back with a red tick.

Both of my sons sent home today with fevers.

Daughter gets her temperature checked everytime she enters the school. Also, her handbook has a section where you need to mark down her temperature (Daily).

Lord Dashwood and Mrs. Jones like this.

Is it late this year or is my memory playing tricks?

I thought my sore throat and sneezing was from the pollution.

Mrs. Jones and SamSeborn like this.

I am just getting over a brutal flu. I was bed ridden first 4 days, had fever for 3 days, vertigo and nausea for another 3 days. I am still experiencing a bit of vertigo more than a week later.

My sons are still at home ill...started for me last night and now I'm very ill with it...bloody hell...had to come to work for various reasons...teaching with a face mask on...completely in a bubble of misery... :-(

I'm just back at work after one hell of a week! Diagnosed with Influenza B (nose swab) on Saturday 27th February, prescribed anti-biotics and struggled through it until the following Tuesday, then back to doctor. Fever all over the place, coughing up my lungs, unable to breathe, severe lethargy. Onto a nebulizer for the next five days, finally feeling better on Sunday. Now on two inhalers and still wheezing.

Brutal, totally brutal on the lungs!

oh, almost forgot....food has been going straight through me for the week, even soup, which was all I could stomach for a few days!

Lord Dashwood and Open Casket like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    I'm just back at work after one hell of a week! Diagnosed with Influenza B (nose swab) on Saturday 27th February, prescribed anti-biotics and struggled through it until the following Tuesday, then back to doctor. Fever all over the place, coughing up my lungs, unable to breathe, severe lethargy. Onto a nebulizer for the next five days, finally feeling better on Sunday. Now on two inhalers and still wheezing.

Brutal, totally brutal on the lungs!

oh, almost forgot....food has been going straight through me for the week, even soup, which was all I could stomach for a few days!
    That's an 'empathy like'...I don't actually like that your ill!
    Fiona in HKG and Open Casket like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast