Like Tree23Likes

iHerb - not shipping multivitamins to HK?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Do enough people still believe in homeopathy for it to make the news? That area seems to be such a common lighting rod for scathing derision that I thought it would have been largely stamped out by now.

Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Do enough people still believe in homeopathy for it to make the news? That area seems to be such a common lighting rod for scathing derision that I thought it would have been largely stamped out by now.
    There's more than one born every minute.

Until the last quarter of the 19th Century, going to a Western doctor or (even worse ) the unhygienic infectious nightmare of a hospital was such a crap shoot with one's life and limb that quack nonsense like Chiropractic, Homeopathy, Osteopathy, and last but not least, Christian Science made a perverse kind of sense. They were less likely to kill you and in a few cases did seem to be better than no treatment at all.

However, this no longer pertains today.

For the curious, Mark Twain published a funny and scathing put down of Christian Science and Mary Baker Eddy. It's only a google away.

And if you want something really toe curling, read Samuel Pepys' diary entries on his being 'cut for the stone' - without anaesthetic, of course.

Last edited by Kinch; 12-05-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Planning to order 5lbs Whey Protein powder from iHerb and have it shipped to here. Would be any hidden fees, taxes or issues with customs?
    Prices here for the same products are ridiculously expensive.
    Thanks

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas:
    Planning to order 5lbs Whey Protein powder from iHerb and have it shipped to here. Would be any hidden fees, taxes or issues with customs?
    Prices here for the same products are ridiculously expensive.
    Thanks
    No fees, taxes or issues. Order away.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    No fees, taxes or issues. Order away.
    Thanks for the input, I just have doubts as I remember I saw at the airport some flyers showing restrictions over protein powder products.

Thanks @emx
    I'm planning to buy the ON 100% whey and ship it for free through SF Express but my concern is that customs here in HK would cease the package and demand extra duty/customs fees.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Thanks for the input, I just have doubts as I remember I saw at the airport some flyers showing restrictions over protein powder products.
    Are you sure it wasn't for when leaving Hong Kong or for baby formula?

Have ordered whey, casein and egg white protein over the years, along with numerous vitamins and supplements and not a single one has been stopped. The latest order was just last month for egg white protein.

Hong Kong does not put fees, taxes or duties on imported products, except petrol and related items, tobacco, and liquor.

Again, go ahead and order.

If using SF for delivery, best have it delivered to the office if you can. But perhaps that's just my experience.
    emx likes this.

Thanks @emx
    I'm planning to buy the ON 100% whey and ship it for free through SF Express but my concern is that customs here in HK would cease the package and demand extra duty/customs fees.
    There is NO tax/duties on this stuff coming into HK.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast