Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6
Like Tree23Likes

iHerb - not shipping multivitamins to HK?

Thanks @emx
    I'm planning to buy the ON 100% whey and ship it for free through SF Express but my concern is that customs here in HK would cease the package and demand extra duty/customs fees.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas
    Thanks for the input, I just have doubts as I remember I saw at the airport some flyers showing restrictions over protein powder products.
    Are you sure it wasn't for when leaving Hong Kong or for baby formula?

Have ordered whey, casein and egg white protein over the years, along with numerous vitamins and supplements and not a single one has been stopped. The latest order was just last month for egg white protein.

Hong Kong does not put fees, taxes or duties on imported products, except petrol and related items, tobacco, and liquor.

Again, go ahead and order.

If using SF for delivery, best have it delivered to the office if you can. But perhaps that's just my experience.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aysallas
    Thanks @emx
    I'm planning to buy the ON 100% whey and ship it for free through SF Express but my concern is that customs here in HK would cease the package and demand extra duty/customs fees.
    There is NO tax/duties on this stuff coming into HK.

FYI .. Have been getting ISOPure from them for the longest time - no issues.

Have a GeoExpat related problem - please create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax

If using SF for delivery, best have it delivered to the office if you can. But perhaps that's just my experience.
    Nope, SF Express will use extortionate practices if you actually want to have your parcel delivered to your home if you live more than 30 seconds from Central. When a company says free delivery I expect the product to be delivered to me, not some whacky drop-off point 30 minutes drive away, or on the 12th floor of some unknown building in the middle of nowhere. SF Express want extra money for the luxury of completing their contract to deliver. A complaint to whoever you bought the product off usually gets it sorted, but the fact that SF class anything off the island as 'remote', you will be charged extra and have to wait 2-3 days longer should be listed on their delivery pages.

Never had a problem with them. Just taken delivery of some B12 lozenges that CWB pharmacy charges $110 for,and iherb $46.00 for the same product. I certainly know what you mean about crazy hk prices.

Thank you guys for the inputs, I'll go ahead and order it and use DHL to deliver it.
    From what I read here, SF Express sounds unreliable. I live in N.T. and made an order 2 days ago for some vitamins and chose SF Express free shipping. Should I be worried?

I live in NT and quite a remote location and never have problems with Sf it just take one day longer than if I ship it to my office and I am fine with that

Depends where in NT. A lot of Chinese shipping companies outright refuse to ship to Tung Chung (SF will drive here, but for an extra $30), but I pay no extra charges at my office in Kwai Chung.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6