Like Tree6Likes

Looking for a good dietitian

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

@dolphin116. Hi! If you're not in a rush due to related medical reasons, try MyFitnessPal first. I have no association with them, but I have used the app and will use it again once I start being serious about my health goals again. It is an app for you to calculate your daily calorie intake and helps you estimate the amount of macros and nutrients needs vs intake. The app and website allows you to connect with others on a forum. Some people are extremely helpful and share free advice. You can also add your friends or make new friends and see what they are eating. There are a similar apps available if you want to try those out.

I'll restart my health plan in a couple of weeks and will make a post then with some tips. Some might know them, but some might find them useful. I have come across some who act according to old advice and research that have been debunked.

@Elegiaque. Since a few years ago, it has been accepted that full milk is better for weight loss and absorption of nutrients. More and more studies and articles seem to be supporting this claim. So, I guess it's lucky that you've been sticking to full milk.

Last edited by dpmlicious; 27-05-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    I'm just starting a program here:
    HKU SPACE - Dietetic Clinic

I can update in a few months to give some feedback.
    Hi @Elegiaque, a friend is looking into getting a nurtirioinist. We're just wondering how things went for you at HKUSpace?
    Last edited by shri; 14-12-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    Hi @Elegiaque, a friend is looking into getting a nurtirioinist. We're just wondering how things went for you at HKUSpace?
    Hi Rani, really hard to say... I just hated the experience, but I'm not sure there is anyone in the world who can nitpick at what I eat and make it not an awful experience! I thought the dietitian was like many doctors in Hong Kong, who were trained in the '80s or '90s and have never learned a thing since... like one piece of advice she gave me was it was OK to snack on nuts, but I shouldn't eat more than 5 pieces at a time because they're high in fat. I'm pretty sure recent research would say that's bollocks.

If the friend really does need someone to talk to though about healthy portion sizes, and money isn't an issue, then sure, it can't hurt (I think?).