Like Tree6Likes

Hong Kong Hair Loss

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Judging by the plughole in our bathroom/shower, I can confirm that my wife is molting like crazy. Luckily she isn't bald yet

I've never considered it was a HK thing. I just assumed women have too much hair for their own good. So when we next go to the UK I'll conduct a scientific experiment and check the plughole.

HK_Katherine likes this.

I travel to China often and have yet to see many bald Chinese whether in Guangdong, Fujian, Zhejiang, and any of the cities like Beijing or Shanghai. Often the men have thick Xi like hair as if according to one diplomat style their hair with shoe polish. Conversely half of my HK colleagues suffer from hairline issues and ditto for Singapore. So whats the secret to these well mane-tained mainlanders? Is it the heavy drinking and smoking? I have tried that. Faith in Mao (ironically was balding)? Stress free communist utopia?

Kowloon Goon likes this.

I had severe hair loss some years back, thankfully still not needing to sport a combover!

For me it was put down to stress and the important thing is not the hair loss but the root loss. Some hair falls out leaving the root, which is good as regrowth can occur. The other hair loss with the root, is permanent hair loss.

Good luck, it's a horrible thing for a woman!!

I'm actually using Hairburst vitamins (google Hairburst) and while they won't re-grow de-rooted areas, they definitely are giving me thicker hair which grows faster (and fingernails/toenails too!)

Have you try Caster Oil? I've had the same problem, but I am the other way around. I am ok in HK. It's when I return home then my hair starts to shed. So I start using Caster Oil mix in with a couple drops of vitamin E and mix into the hair. I've doing it for a couple of years now. It seems to be working, not too much shedding.

To suggest that the environment can influence the health of your hairline is not too crazy, but what Hong Kong environmental characteristics have the potential to accelerate hair loss? Do these characteristics exist in places like the UK where one sees many bald men? Just wondering...

Hair loss in Hong Kong

Hi there, just wanted to check if you still live in Hong Kong and how you are doing on the hair loss situation. I'm facing the exact same issue and could really use some help. Thanks !

Hi Stephanie,

I'm trying to get to you to find out if you discovered a solution to your hair problem.
    Your reply will be much appreciated.
    Thanks !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3