Like Tree5Likes

HK Gyms with Les Mills Programs

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HK Gyms with Les Mills Programs

Hi,
    I have just moved to HK and Im looking at buying a membership to a HK gym which has the Les Mills programs (Pump, Combat, Balance, CXworks, Jam). I understand that California Fitness (which was a leading gym with these programs) has closed down . When I visited HK, I used to attend classes at California Fitness because of the energy and buss from the classes.

I tried Pure Fitness but it felt average. No slur on the instructor just the energy levels weren't really pumping for me.

So......can anyone give me some advice on where to from here?
    Thanks in advance for your responses and feedback

Piano man

Let me know if you find an answer... I was a cal fitness member too

Sure....Im quite upset that they closed. I really liked going to this gym and was prepared to sign up. So far, you are the only person who has replied but I only started this forum 2 hours ago

Yes - that's a poor response. You should have got two pages of responses, 90% of which would have told you that 1) cal fitness was terrible and you should be glad they closed and 2) that you can sign up for this, that, and the other classes at other gyms so just change your preferences. I guess because you are new they were kind!

I've done Les Mills classes for more than 15 years since I joined Les Mills in NZ - I find their classes to be much better than others. Pump was my favourite, then Balance. Pure is the only place in HK I found so far doing them, but I have no Pure gym anywhere near me. Hoping someone will pick up the baton soon.

EDIT - there is an online app on the main Les Mills page which helps you find a class near you. It suggests Fitness First also does them. So you might want to take a look at them.

JaredHK and Piano Man like this.

There are a couple of sites that offer gym/fitness passes to various places, you could possibly visit/call them to see what other programs they offer and such.

classcruiser is one such site.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I've done Les Mills classes for more than 15 years since I joined Les Mills in NZ - I find their classes to be much better than others. Pump was my favourite, then Balance. Pure is the only place in HK I found so far doing them, but I have no Pure gym anywhere near me. Hoping someone will pick up the baton soon.

EDIT - there is an online app on the main Les Mills page which helps you find a class near you. It suggests Fitness First also does them. So you might want to take a look at them.
    Oh, yeah, that triggers memories from when I used to go to Fitness First (haven't been for a year now). They did have Les Mills signs up on the timetable.
    HK_Katherine and Piano Man like this.

Thanks for your replies. I think Fitness First and Pure Fitness are the only HK gyms that offer the LWOF programs. Im a NZer and use to go all the time back in NZ. The buzz is sensational and I seem to respond well to that buzzy feel. I know that it costs quite a lot to be a Les Mills Franchise but I think it is worth it.

I visited Physical and they have their own freestyle classes so that didn't really inspire me. I will go and check out Fitness First to see what they have to offer. I am still receiving texts saying Myoga and Leap members are continuing (never heard of these two programs before). Following on from this is message saying the "Provisional Liquidators are arranging the collection of personal effects by members - Please check official website and facebook page for more details"......

Sounds like everyone is being lead on a wild goose chase.
    Oh Well..............I hope I find a gym soon, Ive not exercised for 3 weeks now!.

@HK_Katherine

With gyms closing around the world so many are offering free workouts online. Our favorite Les Mills is one of them.
    Can't wait to try a couple this week!

https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts

Quote Originally Posted by rani:
    @HK_Katherine

With gyms closing around the world so many are offering free workouts online. Our favorite Les Mills is one of them.
    Can't wait to try a couple this week!

https://watch.lesmillsondemand.com/at-home-workouts
    Cool! Does it work in HK now? I tried before and it didn't....

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Cool! Does it work in HK now? I tried before and it didn't....
    Yes! Struggled through the Body Pump class today.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast