Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Mrs. Jones

Any recent recommendations on Laser Eye Surgery?

Closed Thread

Any recent recommendations on Laser Eye Surgery?

Hey everyone,

I've combed through alot of old posts dating back to 2010 about recommendations on Laser Eye Surgery locations in Hong Kong. Was curious to see if anyone has any more recent experiences and recommendations?

I also heard of a new procedure called SMILE? It doesn't require the doctor to cut an entire flap, but instead a tiny 3mm cut is enough, so the recovery time is even better and the overall procedure is less evasive.

I'm planning to do both my eyes sometime in the next month or two, so any suggestions would be much appreciated. Btw, my eyes are horrible lol both eyes are -7 and I have a tiny bit of Astigmatism. This is why I need them done lol...

Thanks in advance!

All my HK friends went to Sanatorium for this, I believe dr. Chan is the most experienced (and 7k more expensive) but really can't go wrong with any of the docs there.

7jai likes this.

Original Post Deleted

Thank you both for your inputs! So it appears HK Sanatorium Hospital is still the best in class (I had some other friends recommend me there as well).

From what I see online, they moved their services to Admiralty now?

"Guy Hugh Chan Refractive Surgery Centre, established in 1996 as the first centre to perform LASIK in Hong Kong, has relocated from Happy Valley to the HKSH Healthcare Medical Centre in Admiralty "

Refractive Surgery | Hong Kong Sanatorium & Hospital

Original Post Deleted
    Ahh Thanks for clarifying this! I was getting confused for a sec there lol. I will check it out for sure

Is there an age after which the surgery is not recommended??

Hi any update aftermath

Hi any updates aftermath your surgery