Like Tree13Likes

Sexual health testing for expats

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sexual health testing for expats

Hi all,

Just wondered if anybody has experience or reccomendations for a sexual health screening/test centre in Hong Kong.

I'm a British expat and therefore know I am not entitled to anything free of charge. The last time I looked at some of these centres a full test including blood, urine etc was around $5000HKD..

Does this sound right? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Try the gov clinic in Wan Chai, as long as you have a valid HKID card you get it very cheap:

::: The Family Planning Association of Hong Kong :::

shri likes this.

I understand the word expat as living and working here (on a valid visa or as PR).
    So the hygiene clinics should be free of charge.
    Department of Health - List of Clinics and Health Centres

Thanks for the above..

Just to add to my original post. I am living here temporarily and I do not have a HKID.

Maybe expat is the wrong term

Quote Originally Posted by Deeros:
    Thanks for the above..

Just to add to my original post. I am living here temporarily and I do not have a HKID.

Maybe expat is the wrong term
    The term is tourist or visitor. No you don't have access to free sexual health screening here. Is there any country where tourists would get this?
    shri and emx like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Sure I guess it's just confusing saying he is an expat. He's on vacation or visiting friends here.

I think FPA HK will see you but charge a higher price because you don't have an HKID. If you need a full health screen then I think a few thousand HKD is probably the ballpark.

Check groupon.hk - they frequently do specials on full blood / body chemistry screenings. Not sure if they have the specific tests that they're looking for.

Here's a random example - just check the fine print, MANY of them will need an ID card to ensure you're not overusing / abusing the groupon terms / conditions.

https://www.groupon.hk/deals/hong-ko...ter-1/95381518

I'd not bother with govt services if I were a tourist.

CWBGuy had posted a few weeks ago. Have to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms:
    Sure I guess it's just confusing saying he is an expat. He's on vacation or visiting friends here.

I think FPA HK will see you but charge a higher price because you don't have an HKID. If you need a full health screen then I think a few thousand HKD is probably the ballpark.
    I'm living and working here temporarily. Potentially permanent but that is irrelevant as I still am not a citizen and do not hold a HKID.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast