Like Tree10Likes

Sickness Related Contract Termination - Legal Advice Needed!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes and if they fire you they owe you the notice period unless you sign something saying that you don't want the money. Sign nothing end of story.

Of course if you do something really stupid like steal, beat up the staff or customer, then they have the right to fire you immediately with no compensation.

While I'm not a qualified doctor...

While I'm not a qualified doctor...I'm interested in the vertigo comment....I too have suffered vertigo here...came as a side effect after the flu. I was hospitalised as I couldn't stand up, such was the disorientation! (Public Health system, thanks)
    Have you considered IRON deficiency?? Do you take any vitamin supplements?
    Some ordinary blood tests from a clinic might be in order. Is it time to see a second (better) G.P. ?
    I changed G.P. a long time ago when I found my old one was nothing more than a pill dispensary!

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheknet:
    While I'm not a qualified doctor...I'm interested in the vertigo comment....I too have suffered vertigo here...came as a side effect after the flu. I was hospitalised as I couldn't stand up, such was the disorientation! (Public Health system, thanks)
    Have you considered IRON deficiency?? Do you take any vitamin supplements?
    Some ordinary blood tests from a clinic might be in order. Is it time to see a second (better) G.P. ?
    I changed G.P. a long time ago when I found my old one was nothing more than a pill dispensary!
    GP in HK are quite bad. There was one i used to see, no matter what I had he gave me the same huge list of drugs to take. There always one that made you groggy it was annoying.
    SannyJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    GP in HK are quite bad. There was one i used to see, no matter what I had he gave me the same huge list of drugs to take. There always one that made you groggy it was annoying.
    SAME!! I went in with a severe cold and a sprained ankle. I got 5 pills each time, with only one being different. And I still don't know which is the one that makes me super groggy.

Quote Originally Posted by SannyJ:
    SAME!! I went in with a severe cold and a sprained ankle. I got 5 pills each time, with only one being different. And I still don't know which is the one that makes me super groggy.
    Google them and look up the side effects. I google all my medication as doctors in Hong Kong NEVER tell you about side effects and contraindications.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Google them and look up the side effects. I google all my medication as doctors in Hong Kong NEVER tell you about side effects and contraindications.
    Yes, I do that now. First time I went I trusted them, as I always trust doctors. When I went the second time though, and saw I got the same pills, I carefully googled them and decided to only take two out of the 5 prescribed. Now I just stock up on medicine when I go back home, as all I usually need is stuff to deal with colds and flus.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.