Like Tree6Likes

Good Therapist/Psychologist

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good Therapist/Psychologist

Can anyone please recommend a good and affordable therapist/psychologist? Preferably someone ethnically Asian with education/work experiences in the States.

I have a friend who has started to have sleep issues and found it increasingly difficult to stick to a healthy diet (low GI) since he moved here. Increasing the frequency/intensity of workout did not help.

At first we attributed all above to the new environment (crowded, humid, dirty), but it has been over a year and nothing has improved so far but worsened.

We figured it might be a time to see a therapist. Would appreciate a lot if anyone has lead on a good and affordable therapist/psychologist. Thanks!

St. John's Counselling Service

Trained counsellors, rather than psychologists.

About HKD600 per session.

Try the therapists at St. John's counseling service, most of them are good and (very) affordable. Dr. Erica Liu-Wollin has her own practice and comes highly recommended, not sure what her fee is though.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    St. John's Counselling Service

Trained counsellors, rather than psychologists.

About HKD600 per session.
    They have some very senior therapists as well, also HKD 600,- per session.

Cathy is a little pricey, but very good. She fits your profile.

PSYCHOLOGIST HONG KONG

Hi, all,

Has anyone had counselling/psychotherapy experience with Ms Lori Mariani?

She sure has a ton of woo on her page.
    Whenever I see the woo overwhelming the science, I stay well clear.....

Well, I am not very much into these kind of alternative approaches(not into at all, actually), but I don't want to be biased. Maybe someone can be a good therapist and also practising these alternative methods. The best therapists ever practiced methods that even today are not widely accepted(e.g. Freud/hypnotism etch). So, I would appreciate to read the opinion of someone who has experience with this therapist; Ms Lori Mariani.

And experience with another professional, Ms Isabelle Sieur.

Quote Originally Posted by jtphk:
    Well, I am not very much into these kind of alternative approaches(not into at all, actually), but I don't want to be biased.
    The most important thing with a therapist is for you to gel with them. If you are not into that stuff, it will be harder to gel with someone who is into that stuff...
    And experience with another professional, Ms Isabelle Sieur.
    I dont know her but if I had to choose between the 2, Ms Sieur just reads a lot better on paper with her wealth of experience....
    mexmon likes this.

Art therapy focused but also does cognitive behavioral work, couples therapy, EMDR etc
    https://arttherapyhongkong.com

Hong Kong Psychological Services
    Hong Kong Psychological Services

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast