Like Tree19Likes

Using Fanda for prescription medicines

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Using Fanda for prescription medicines

What have people's experiences with Fanda generally been? Is it reliable and reasonably priced? Do they have any price gouging practices that some of the "local" (i.e. non Watson / Mannings) mom and pops have?

I get Nexium and some other prescription medicines on a regular basis, but recently someone recommended that it's possible to skip the wait time at the GP and buy directly from Fanda. Looks like they have branches at both Worldwide House and TST.

Thanks!

The mom and pop pharmacies have cheaper prices than Fanda. I find the staff at Fanda rude and the experience usually stressful, as it's quite crowded. If price is a concern, then it's worthwhile to shop around at any little pharmacy you come across until you find the one with the cheapest price for the medicine you need. Some things I regularly get are a good $20 less at a mom and pop pharmacy than Fanda.

JAherbert and dddc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiaque:
    The mom and pop pharmacies have cheaper prices than Fanda. I find the staff at Fanda rude and the experience usually stressful, as it's quite crowded. If price is a concern, then it's worthwhile to shop around at any little pharmacy you come across until you find the one with the cheapest price for the medicine you need. Some things I regularly get are a good $20 less at a mom and pop pharmacy than Fanda.
    I have found the NT's has lower prices than the Island for some medicine
    Elegiaque and dddc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    I have found the NT's has lower prices than the Island for some medicine
    Probably the Central-Causeway Bay corridor.

There is a 5-10% difference on my meds between Central and Aberdeen. Even within Aberdeen, there is a 5-10$ difference between some of the shops on a $450 packet of meds.
    dddc likes this.

I get my meds in three Dispensaries, one in Jervois Street, one on Queens Road next to Welland Building. A new one has opened opposite Ovolo on Queens Road. All of them a very reasonable in comparison to Fanda. i got some antibiotics which were 120 in Fanda for 40-50$ in the small ones (same brand)

Elegiaque and dddc like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cabru:
    I get my meds in three Dispensaries, one in Jervois Street, one on Queens Road next to Welland Building. A new one has opened opposite Ovolo on Queens Road. All of them a very reasonable in comparison to Fanda. i got some antibiotics which were 120 in Fanda for 40-50$ in the small ones (same brand)
    Yes, I've used all of the same ones and have found their prices always cheaper than Fanda. Each one though has difference prices for different things, so it's always (unfortunately) worth it to shop around (on foot).
    dddc likes this.

Yes you need to shop around occasionally, but the staff is usually nice and helpful too. No point really going to Fanda

dddc likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dddc:
    What have people's experiences with Fanda generally been? Is it reliable and reasonably priced? Do they have any price gouging practices that some of the "local" (i.e. non Watson / Mannings) mom and pops have?

I get Nexium and some other prescription medicines on a regular basis, but recently someone recommended that it's possible to skip the wait time at the GP and buy directly from Fanda. Looks like they have branches at both Worldwide House and TST.

Thanks!
    Don't buy Nexium, just get the generic Omeprazole. I pay HKD 90,- at Fanda and local pharmacies alike for 30x 20mg.
    dddc likes this.

Prescription Medicines

Every three months I get three prescriptions from my doctor and then email them to:

Planetdrugsdirect.com

which is a highly reputable registered pharmacy based in Winnipeg, Canada, mostly supplying the US market.

I have been using them for nearly two years.

Payment is by Credit Card, costs are very reasonable, especially of the generic drugs, and the order is delivered within days.

They supply just about every commonly used drug, both branded and generic and you can easily compare prices with those of local suppliers.

TreeHugger88 likes this.

Thanks! Will try some of the local stores in the non-tourist areas like Quarry Bay. They always worry me a bit because of the lack of price labels and shady looking staff.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast