Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

AncestryDNA from HK?!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    HK has a company here doing genetic tests. I used them. Not for ancestry but they might. Govita.
    These folks ?

https://govitatech.net/overview/

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    yes

I was wondering if it was some legal thing. When I compared the 23andme options for what they tested in the US vs. HK there were a number of nutrition/fitness tests they didn't offer. Maybe they can't offer those services in HK for legal reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix
    I was wondering if it was some legal thing. When I compared the 23andme options for what they tested in the US vs. HK there were a number of nutrition/fitness tests they didn't offer. Maybe they can't offer those services in HK for legal reasons?
    No I don't think so. I think it's all about demand. What HK people want is different than what US people (typically) want. The companies set themselves up to deliver what the local market demands.

But I found Govita to be quite responsive. You could email them and ask. (I met the CEO etc, and talked to him about the company, as I'm generally interested in genetics).

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    But I found Govita to be quite responsive. You could email them and ask. (I met the CEO etc, and talked to him about the company, as I'm generally interested in genetics).
    I contacted them yesterday and got a reply today. They're responsive indeed.
    The concept of what they offer is very interesting, but fairly expensive.
    They quoted me HKD34,000 for the Personal Trait Premium Package.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2