Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By merchantms
  • 1 Post By merchantms
  • 1 Post By rani

IUD options

Question IUD options

Hello!

I just moved to Hong Kong from the US last fall, and I'm due to have my hormonal IUD replaced. I currently have the Skyla IUD, which is designed for women like me who have never been pregnant. I would like to avoid getting the larger Mirena hormonal IUD and definitely don't want to get a copper IUD. I need one that has low doses of hormones and is smaller.

I know my 3 options in the US would be Skyla, Liletta, and Kyleena. Are these options available here? Will all gynecologists in Hong Kong have the same IUD options, or are there certain doctors who will have more options? (Would also love gynecologist recommendations!)

Thanks in advance for your help!

-K

I believe there is an "approved drug list" in HK, which may well also cover IUD's. When I had my Mirena taken out, I had the option of having it replaced. I had no idea there were smaller ones suitable for women who had never been pregnant - wish I had known - so I cannot help there. But if you can find the approved drug list, you may be able to search it. I just walked into any old clinic to get mine sorted, it wasn't hard.

https://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/do..._database.html

EDIT - I just did a search on there for Mirena and the three you mention. Mirena showed up, the others did not. Sorry.

Several of the expat oriented medical clinics import devices like IUDS and implants that aren't available on the HK market. Give Central Health and OT&P a call, they may carry these ones.

HK_Katherine likes this.

Actually from my Googling seems the other name for Skyla is Jaydess, which is available in HK.

https://www.drugoffice.gov.hk/eps/dr...consumer/89934

HK_Katherine likes this.

If you're looking for a gynecologist would recommend Sally Ferguson

Dr. Sally Ferguson - Lauren Bramley & Partners | Medical & Anti-Aging

HK_Katherine likes this.