Like Tree4Likes

Medical Insurance - Generali

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Medical Insurance - Generali

Looking to take missus and kids off my work plan (I pay for them out of our own pocket).

Agents have been recommending Generali on the basis that they are very competitive at the moment (new to the market).

Anyone had experience with them?

I can only offer insight as a broker.

Their application process is quite tedious and takes time especially if you're looking at documentation proof for pre-ex conditions. They don't cater towards the extra benefits such as dental and maternity.

On a positive note, they do have a very benefit rich product and with their penetration pricing along with family discounts, they are very attractive. They also do have a members portal which works well when it comes to claims servicing, as well, a claims team based out of Canada.

If you're looking at something more economical without the need for maternity, have a look at Morgan Price as an alternative.

pin likes this.

The missus and me are on the Gold plan, but haven't had any claim so I can't tell you about the level of service you are getting. They are very competitively priced compared to everyone else, something like a 40% discount over CIGNA even after the loading. They came back with a very good offer to include our pre-existing conditions.
    You can get discount if you enroll more than one member together.

Edit: Enrolling was easy, sent all the documents including previous hospital reports to the broker, they came back with an offer and done.

pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The missus and me are on the Gold plan, but haven't had any claim so I can't tell you about the level of service you are getting. They are very competitively priced compared to everyone else. They came back with a very good offer to include our pre-existing conditions.
    They are the largest insurer in Europe so I'm not really worried. You can get discount if you enroll more than one member together.

Edit: Enrolling was easy, sent all the documents including previous hospital reports to the broker, they came back with an offer and done.
    Cheers, yes, their pricing is pretty good. BTW did you go via a broker or direct?

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick2016:
    I can only offer insight as a broker.

Their application process is quite tedious and takes time especially if you're looking at documentation proof for pre-ex conditions. They don't cater towards the extra benefits such as dental and maternity.

On a positive note, they do have a very benefit rich product and with their penetration pricing along with family discounts, they are very attractive. They also do have a members portal which works well when it comes to claims servicing, as well, a claims team based out of Canada.

If you're looking at something more economical without the need for maternity, have a look at Morgan Price as an alternative.
    Thanks, never actually heard of Morgan Price before. Will look into them.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Cheers, yes, their pricing is pretty good. BTW did you go via a broker or direct?
    I have all our insurance done through CCW Global.
    Baldrick2016 likes this.

Not really new to the market, have been here several years. Been with them via wife's employer since 2011. Usual cheap doctors visits and inpatient claims have been pretty quick. No issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Not really new to the market, have been here several years. Been with them via wife's employer since 2011. Usual cheap doctors visits and inpatient claims have been pretty quick. No issues at all.
    Generali or Morgan Price. Based on my quick google search seems Generali only launched their expat focused medical plan a few years ago. Could be completely wrong though.

Generali. Wife's company (MNC) changed to them several years back.

Useful thread. We are now with Cigna (not the expat plan). Its certainly better than Blue Cross (our previous plan - never, ever again) but a decently priced expat plan would be the goal.... may look into it!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast