Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 1 Post By lilbby124

Has anyone seen weighted blankets for sale in HK in a SHOP?

Closed Thread

Has anyone seen weighted blankets for sale in HK in a SHOP?

Yes - old-fashioned physical store - I fly to the UK tonight - need a real shop.

(if anyone knows a real shop in the UK, anywhere in the route between London and Devon, that's also ideal... but thinking that might be more of a long shot!).

Looking for a weighted blanked around 5kg - does not need to be full bed sized - pretty much any design/colour etc.

Had I planned ahead I would have got one off Taobao (that's where I got mine) but I didn't. So here I am. Present for my Dad who has depression and whose birthday is next week.

No, never seen them here. I did find a facebook link to someone asking a distributor if there were any selling them in HK, but no response. I think you'd probably struggle to find it in a physical shop in UK as well. Could you not order one to be delivered to you in UK? They are on Amazon and you could get 1 day delivery with a Prime trial.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    No, never seen them here. I did find a facebook link to someone asking a distributor if there were any selling them in HK, but no response. I think you'd probably struggle to find it in a physical shop in UK as well. Could you not order one to be delivered to you in UK? They are on Amazon and you could get 1 day delivery with a Prime trial.
    I can't seem to find any "standard" ones - they all seem to be "we will make you one when you order". But I may just bite the bullet and go for the really expensive versions online. I sent an email to one of the smaller outlets who make them just to see if they have any in stock!

Can I ask what a weighted blanket is and why people use them? I've never heard of them

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    Can I ask what a weighted blanket is and why people use them? I've never heard of them
    It would have taken less effort to Google, than to ask. I had to Google.
    @HK_Katherine The closest thing I have seen here are winter weight silk blankets. They are heavy, and very comfortable (they drape very nicely) but not sure if they are as heavy as weighted blankets. Silk blankets can be found in department stores like Wing On.

Weighted blankets just don't sound like a HK kind of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    It would have taken less effort to Google, than to ask. I had to Google.
    @HK_Katherine The closest thing I have seen here are winter weight silk blankets. They are heavy, and very comfortable (they drape very nicely) but not sure if they are as heavy as weighted blankets. Silk blankets can be found in department stores like Wing On.

I had to Google as well. Sounds like they would work, sort of like being hugged. Unfortunately I sleep without a blanket

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz:
    They are a heavy blanket designed to help people with depression (or children with attention disorders) sleep. the idea is that you safer and more secure underneath a heavy blanket. I like mine although find it hot in summer - not likely to be a problem in the UK. I do find I sleep better under it.
    Kiz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

Perhaps not. Mental illness / depression etc is not well understood in HK! But I got mine here from Taobao (just to improve sleep) so it's not impossible.

Hi! Opening this back up to ask which seller you got your weighted blanket from on Taobao, and if you were happy with it? I'm trying to find something online but shipping from the US is so expensive! Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Perhaps not. Mental illness / depression etc is not well understood in HK! But I got mine here from Taobao (just to improve sleep) so it's not impossible.

Oooh, that website looks promising. Wing On is a great suggestion, will check it out this week and report back!

Original Post Deleted
    coffee_break likes this.