Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By merchantms

Cerazette Pill in Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Cerazette Pill in Hong Kong

Hi,

My girlfriend is currently using Cerazette, and is down to around half a packet left.
    We have tried asking Watsons, and other pharmacies in Hong Kong with no luck as they have said that is has been discontinued.

Does anyone on know where we could get our hands on some?

Much appreciated in advance

Fanda pharmacy in Central, Little more expensive but they sell everything otherwise her doctor should be able to prescribe it.

Thanks misshappy26, I went and checked just now and they don't have, so back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by WWC84:
    Thanks misshappy26, I went and checked just now and they don't have, so back to the drawing board.
    Try other small local Pharmacies. Proper Pharmacies (look for the red cross outside), not Mannings or Watson. They are everywhere. Take in a packet or photo of a packet as many don't speak much English. If you find one stocking it, buy a lot!

Cerazette is no longer marketed or sold in HK. If any pharmacies do have it they will be running down existing stock. Best to look into an alternative for the long-term.

ETA: This was told to me by two international medical clinics and I've personally checked at Fanda recently also. Not available.

shri likes this.

I've checked a lot of pharmacies and couldn't find any, but was hoping that some store somewhere may still have had stock on it.

Much appreciated for all the replies. Hopefully can come up with a solution.

Would recommend making an appt at the Family Planning clinic. They will recommend an alternative and meds are subsidized.

https://www.famplan.org.hk/en/our-se...ontrol/content

I used to use Cerazette when I was in the UK and I had the same problem. I go to Family Planning Clinic to get mine now - they've been using different UK brands (which aren't registered in HK) however for some reason or other, the brands are always changing at the clinic. I think I've changed about 3 times now (within a year) though it isn't really a problem because its the same drug. Only problem is with FP is that to change the brand, you must see the doctor and it's nearly always fully booked! My appt is finally tomorrow after 1 months wait - it meant that I've had a month off the pill.

If you're under 26 and not married, the Youth Care Health Centre was a lot more reliable and faster for me. And cheaper too (I think!)