Like Tree12Likes

PSA: Get an air purifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You can find the filters f.e. here: https://www.3m.com.hk/3M/en_HK/filtr...4529192&rt=rud
    But I have to admit: they claim that they take out 40 times more PM2.5 than general air conditioner's plastic screen filter. That is a bit of a dubious claim since I think that those plastic screens take out 0% of PM 2.5, so 40 times 0% is still 0%. Interesting discussion though, I think I might want to look a bit more closely into this issue because the air quality is really appalling lately (it's my first winter here in HK, so I am new to the issue).

Quote Originally Posted by pavel_010
    But I have to admit: they claim that they take out 40 times more PM2.5 than general air conditioner's plastic screen filter. That is a bit of a dubious claim since I think that those plastic screens take out 0% of PM 2.5, so 40 times 0% is still 0%. Interesting discussion though, I think I might want to look a bit more closely into this issue because the air quality is really appalling lately (it's my first winter here in HK, so I am new to the issue).
    I have to give them credit for truth in advertising here.

That stuff is available in Japan Home Centre, Aeon, Wing On, etc. It's great for keeping dust buildup out of home electronics.

I use a sheet the dust filter of it over the actual particulate filter on my dehumidifier/filter to help keep it clear of dust so it works more effectively. the sheet is really a dust filter not a particulate filter. It is very effective at what it does. I've never had an actual dedicated air filter but I am tempted. Just the idea of another machine churring away.

Any recommendations for a decent air filter? The filters themselves seem way overpriced when I have looked previously- it is a piece of paper! So a machine with a reasonably priced replacement filter would be my preference- or a washable one if they exist?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow
    I used to use HK AIR app on the iPhone but it doesnt seem to get the local government data anymore

amy other app suggestions?
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-...477700080?mt=8
    chichow likes this.

I am interested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2