Like Tree13Likes

Nexium

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Lightbulb Nexium

Hello Everyone,

I will need to purchase Nexium 20mg in the future. I will be visiting Hong Kong in two weeks.

Do I need to present a script? Which pharmacy stocks this? Also how much can you buy?

If so can anyone recommend a Dr that can assist with a script.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Fanda in Central and TST will likely sell it or its generic without a prescription.

Thank you. I will be sure to visit.

Fanda definitely have it for sale over the counter.

Original Post Deleted
    Nexium isn't an anti-acid, it's a proton pump inhibitor which decreases overall acidity in the stomach by shutting down some of the proton pumps.

Antacids on the other hand coat the stomach and lower the acidity of the stomach contents.

I will be in Hong Kong from February till December thanks for the reply. I plan on bringing a 4 month supply.

Yes this is true. I have Barrets oesophagus and volume reflux. Surprised its sold without a script. I always had endoscopes done and blood tests before I can renew a script.

I'd say not all the same, having had acid reflux before, it certainly wouldn't have been helped by a couple of anti-acid tabs!

shri and tinlissie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by discopeas:
    Yes this is true. I have Barrets oesophagus and volume reflux. Surprised its sold without a script. I always had endoscopes done and blood tests before I can renew a script.
    Technically, needs a prescription but most prescription medicines are sold without a prescription in HK other than things like benzodiazapines and such. Fanda is the expat go-to place for selling just about anything- they typically have 5 people manning the prescription counter, all speak perfect English, very easy to get what you need.

Original Post Deleted
    Happy to report that I kicked the Zantac "dependency" - went cold turkey and have needed it may be once or twice since mid-Dec, even after a night out on beers and spicy food. First week was difficult, but don't need it anymore.

OP - I usually order OTC generics from Amazon, from the US and they're cheaper than anything you can find locally, including EU/indian/HK/asian made generics.
    orel100x, spode and Fiona in HKG like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast