Need a Dentist for wisdom tooth treatment

Closed Thread

Need a Dentist for wisdom tooth treatment

Hi All,

I am looking for a good dentist who can treat my much worsening Wisdom toothache. I had already taken a look to some of the threads like suggestion of Dr Olivia Lam(could not get her #) . Please can you guys post some of your experiences (preferable good ones) considering below points :

- I am kind off afraid of any Painful treatment/Surgery (so suggest a doctor who has good hand but also can give painless treatment like GAS with local anesthesia .
    - I heard many dentist in HK charge unreasonably high price
    - Anyone can throw light how the extraction of wisdom tooth done , how they make it easy pulling out such a deep rooted tooth.

Would appreciate your comments ,pls do provide the name/address/tel of your preferred dentist.

Cheers
    Viks

All teeth are different. Some wisdom teeth can be pulled out under just a local anaesthetic. While others need you to be done by a dental surgeon. You may need to get full teeth xrays to determine how the root is placed. I had one wisdom tooth done under a local and it was painless and easy. Two of the others were not so easy and required day-surgery.

Just go to a denist - there is no point putting it off. Dr Lam is good - I found her quite gental and she seemed to know what she was doing. Her number is 2893 1001. She is in Wan Chai and I felt her charges were very reasonable. Give her a call first thing in the morning and I am sure she will fit you in some time during the day.

Good luck.

Agreed with Crocodile

My dentist I thoroughly recommend and she's based in Lai Chi Kok and I have recently just had two root canals and a wisdom done and it was pretty much painless. I had injections each time and didn't really feel a thing throughout the procedure.

She's a female dentist and was thus more gentle than male dentists I've had in the past which previously put me off going hence the two root canals needed now. She pulled out the wisdom and used a pair of pliers as per normal procedure and again it was totally painless, It was a couple of injections and wait for the area to be totally numb before the removal.

One word of warning though is that the recovery time can be lengthy and up to a month due to the gum neededing time to heal so no hard foods for at least a few weeks and in the first week definately no hot food.

Depending on whether a surgical procedure needs to be done such as cutting open the gum if the wisdom is growing under it then it will need stitches after thats where it costs a bit more, But you should be looking at a cost of around $3k to $4k per tooth.

Dr Cecilia Young
    Tel 2361 8684

She speaks perfectly good english but the receptionists are not quite as good though but you shouldn't have any problems.

Last edited by jimbo; 24-11-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Thank you guys for sharing your opinion , not sure why you say its going to be painless when doc is actually going use injection in mouth will that not hurt in first place? Has anyone of you given GAS to numb

Its barely noticeable to be honest, Nothing worse than a little pin prick. Gas is overkill to be honest and also very expensive.

Thanks Jibmo and Crocodile for sharing your thoughts.

Looks like Dr Lam sits only in the evening and receptionist does not speak English do you know her address ?

thanks

Shop 2A2
    1-11 Spring Garden Lane
    Wan Chai

thanks crocodile