Like Tree32Likes

Why is physiotherapy so crazy expensive in hk?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

In the end I went to one in TST. 900 for the doc plus 1100 for some x-ray and some physio. Not cheap, but seemed quite professional.

Quote Originally Posted by HKthe:
    Yes I've been. Decent value, I think at the time it was roughly ~350, and seen straight away.

It is of course very 'local style'. Ie. In and out and the out you on a machine with assistant. However, the physio I found pretty good and knowledgeable so worth a consultation.

The alternative is waiting a year or two to get into the "public system", and strapped to a few machines. Or else pay $1,200+ to see a physio at one of the 'expat' clinics on hk island (not saying that's bad tho, the good thing is you get to spend 40-60 mins of 1-to-1 attention, as opposed to the usual in and out quick treatment.
    Does Physio in Wanchai need a referral from GP before you can see them?

Quote Originally Posted by hkgcat:
    Does Physio in Wanchai need a referral from GP before you can see them?
    No referral needed, ive been there a few times.

You don't need a referral letter from a GP to see a physio but you will likely need one in order to claim the cost against medical insurance.

@traineeinvestor Thank you for your reply. I had medical insurance before so the referral was required then. Glad to know it's not needed if paying on my own. ter007 Do you have their updated consultation cost? And any particular physio there to recommend? My injury is not a sports one, most likely some form of repetitive stress injury like tennis elbow or something.. Thanks for any info.

traineeinvestor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Get into the Government system. Much cheaper, and good quality. You need a referral obviously and possibly a wait (although I didnt wait long).
    Government system ? You mean public hospital ?

Others are saying waiting time in "years" and you saying you didn't wait long, it means I am not understanding it correctly. Can you please explain ?
    I need to see Physiotherapy doctor today.

Why people always whining here about the expenses in HK..

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Government system ? You mean public hospital ?

Others are saying waiting time in "years" and you saying you didn't wait long, it means I am not understanding it correctly. Can you please explain ?
    I need to see Physiotherapy doctor today.
    Depends on how critical your needs are. Obviously if you have been injured and/or operated on in the govt system your referral is streamlined into the physio department.

Wife has insurance from her company which covers me, I go to Quality Health and it's 50HKD a pop. XD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4