Like Tree10Likes

How many courses of antibiotics do people take per year on average?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't know if your doctor is giving you a broad- or narrow- spectrum drug - the latter are going to create fewer potential problems with resistance.

I think the last time I took antibiotics was for a bout of pleurisy, more than 15 years ago.

Broad. But I just want to see where I can do strep test so I can better prepare in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    For the boil try to use Betadine (preferably the scrub version) as soon as you feel it. A few times a day when you have a shower. It helps! It was a tip by my ex-girlfriend’s dermatologist a long time ago...
    Used Betadine as well. Hopefully will never need to use it again.
    Sith likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    Broad. But I just want to see where I can do strep test so I can better prepare in the future.
    Pathlab and the Adventist advertise it. I'm sure most of the private hospitals can do it quickly

Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    Zero
    Well you are very lucky

There is an element of luck in good health but clean living has its benefits. I am also a strong believer in letting the body heal itself within reason. Haven't taken a sick day in well over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    There is an element of luck in good health but clean living has its benefits. I am also a strong believer in letting the body heal itself within reason. Haven't taken a sick day in well over a decade.
    You can live a healthy life and still need antibiotics some time in your life.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

And some people smoke and live to their 90s... It's about playing the odds. Clean living = better chance of being and staying healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Used Betadine as well. Hopefully will never need to use it again.
    I've had a couple of these. They are truly awful. Hope you recovered!